This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC-8 Series Fuel Tanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAPFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC-8 Series Fuel Tanks
    Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 2:26am
I have downloaded the -10 thru -40 manual and have the -50 thru -70 version and neither show what tank is what (cfg vs in game) so that we can load the fuel in the correct tanks since there's not a load tool included with the package.

Also, I have available DC-8-61/71 and DC-8-63/73 loading charts if anyone is interested.  I'd prefer to distribute them directly than via general internet as they're copies of copies and thus not really of publishable quality.
theophile View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theophile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 12:46pm
Hey CAPLyer,I'd be interested.You can easily find out what fuel goes in what thank by filling them one
by one and then checking the fuel panel.(that's the way I did it)
My email is schellekens.e@skynet.be
rallymodeller View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallymodeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 7:41am
Here are the tank assignments. They don't make much sense: 

No.1 Alt:   LEFT TIP
No.1 Main: CENTER
No.2 Alt:     LEFT AUX
No.2 Main:  LEFT
Fwd Aux:    N/A
CW Aux:     CENTER 3
No.3 Main:  CENTER 2
No.3 Alt:     RIGHT AUX
No.4 Main:  RIGHT
No.4 Alt:     RIGHT TIP
>insert witty signature here<
Mike70 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 8:51pm
Unfortunately, FSX has limitations as to how fuel tanks can be arranged, especially if you want to model a complex crossfeed and aux tank system. I have seen similar problems with other payware aircraft but they have worked around it. PMDG fixes these limits by using a load manager to input fuel desired and then distributes it automatically; if you do it through the menu - BOINK!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic