This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with a New PC Build Please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fly.w4vy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with a New PC Build Please
    Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 6:01pm
Hello Forum I trust everyone is ok.

I want to build a new computer and I am using the LambdaTek PC Designer website to get an idea of parts and prices. Everything comes boxed up separate but I am comfortable building a computer so that won't be a problem.

I guess the problem is I need some feedback on what I should be aiming for to run fsx with multiple screens and even a tablet or two. I will use my Vista PC to run other software for fsx so everything will be networked eventually but for now I am wanting to just build the main PC to run 3 monitors from the start with my intention to add either another 2 monitors to have a 5 window cockpit or have a 6 screen system(3 cockpit & 3 above the cockpit monitors for other things) but one thing at a time as costs on this PC build is already hitting £700.

When I designed this PC I had in mind fsx but also recording my flights so a PC capable of running fsx flawlessly and able to render movies as well was the thinking behind this design.

Would you say the build was ok or overkill?

Feel free to use the website to design a PC for me and post up the link to it here and I will look at them all.

Anyway thanks for now in advance and I hope to see some replies soon. Star

Fly.w4vy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 1:01pm
I don't really research the new kit unless I'm about to build.

so best place for advice is here...

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/326-mobo-ram-cpus-other-hardware/

The guys will give you all the advice you need.

wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 3:29pm
link shows blank checkout page.....
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 5:43pm
Try Mutley's Hanger forum under Newbee building PC thread, some good advice there.
Must Fly!
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 9:29am
AVSIM

As wonderful as Mutley's Hangar is, Avsim is the place for advice. the experts reside there.
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 10:33am
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

AVSIM

As wonderful as Mutley's Hangar is, Avsim is the place for advice. the experts reside there.

I'm going to tell Uncle Joe you said that Martin. 4U
Must Fly!
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 9:22am
I should have abused him as well. He likes it when I abuse him, he's weird like that.
fly.w4vy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fly.w4vy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 9:11pm
Ok thanks guys I'll check out the forums you've all mentioned. As for the link I see what you mean but it did work when I made it so maybe it had a time limit on the build idk but cheers anyway guys.

I'm currently looking for a desk and have narrowed it down to 10 desks so as soon as I have bought it I will then start on the pc build so I'll keep you updated in a sim build thread soon so thanks again and see you in the skies.

Fly.w4vy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic