This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - No Taxiways, Re-install and No 360 :( Please Help!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Taxiways, Re-install and No 360 :( Please Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinwmts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Taxiways, Re-install and No 360 :( Please Help!
    Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 7:02pm
Hello Everyone!  Yesterday I almost lost my mind trying to noodle this problem! If anyone can help I'd name my first born son after you.

Back Story:  Awhile ago I noticed that my taxiway signs have disappeared at my major airports (KIAD, KDEN, KFSO,etc).   After trouble shooting I found that if I removed Traffic X the taxi way signs would re-appear.   When searching for a solutions,  I decided to just upgrade to 360 and see if that solves the problem.  I install the upgrade version of 360 and Bam! Taxi ways are back and I'm blown away by vehicles in 360 and everything was great! 

But that honeymoon was short lived bc I had an annoying problem where I'd get a multiple object error on FSX startup.  After researching I quickly found the solution online (which was to simply uninstall Traffic X),  I did that and that's when everything went horrible wrong.  Now I don't have any of the new features of 360, I don't have taxi way signs (once again),  but I still have the Addon Traffic x traffic (not any of the new 360 stuff).  

Also now I get an error on FSX start up that says it can't find Scereny files (Area.128 etc). 

I've tried everything I can think of short of uninstalling  FSX and starting from scratch with all of my addons, which would be a nightmare because Mircosoft gives me crap everytime I try to re-install FSX... 

Sorry so long, any help would greatly appreciated!    
Pathfinder1` View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 7:19pm
Hi, I hope you do not mind some one who has been around since 1932,
saying what I would try, Delete traffic 360, make shure all reference to traffic X and 360 have been removed, then do a repair to FSX and acceleration if loaded, and then reload 360. and hope for the best,
But then Freddy will know better than me.
I think every one with FSX has problems, I know I do.
Regards, Harry.
Spinwmts View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinwmts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 7:49pm
Hi Harry,  So you think it might be an issues with FSX directly?  I  always tied it Traffic X bc as soon as I uninstall everything and manually delete the folders, the taxi signs come right back.   I'll try that tho.  Thanks!
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Pathfinder1` Pathfinder1` wrote:

Hi, I hope you do not mind some one who has been around since 1932, saying what I would try, Delete traffic 360, make shure all reference to traffic X and 360 have been removed, then do a repair to FSX and acceleration if loaded, and then reload 360. and hope for the best, But then Freddy will know better than me. I think every one with FSX has problems, I know I do.
Regards, Harry.

Hehe, I see my alias name mentioned there so I'll offer a comment. In this case I bow to Pathfinder1. That's pretty much the way I'd probably go about it. Get back to basics. Uninstall both AI traffic programs (Traffic 360 *AND* Traffic X), make sure they are definitely gone by clearing any remaining folders and/or registry keys after they've both been uninstalled, repair FSX, test FSX (make sure taxiways etc are appearing), and then install only Traffic 360. Voila. That should (fingers crossed) work.

One other thing which may be worth mentioning though is the ORDER that the SCENERY LIBRARY is set to in FSX. You may need to check that and, depending on that order, move the Traffic 360 airport facilities entry up or down the list accordingly. Ideally, you'd want the Traffic 360 airport facilities entry as high as you can get it, but it may need to be moved lower (or higher) if the taxiway issue returns. In other words, perhaps there could be a "clash" with something else that you happen to have installed in FSX; and moving the Traffic 360 airport facilities entry down (or up) in the FSX Scenery Library list might resolve it.
Spinwmts View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinwmts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 2:55pm
Ah! That might be the problem.  I have uninstalled both programs  (Actually all of my third party programs),  I removed the remaining folders, but I did not clear the registry.   Also I'm thinking that the \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX files might be screwing things up because I also get the Scenery.cfg error on start up after just uninstalling Traffic X.  

Interesting note: I checked the addon scenery and it is empty after installing 360.   Should 360 be there? 
Spinwmts View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinwmts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 4:36pm
So no luck.  I'm going to go with the nuclear option and uninstall everything, run my CCregistery cleaner and re-install everything. Thanks for your help tho Freddy and Path Finder.  Just Flight support was kind enough to offer me another product bc they were unable to find a solution... Thinking I'm going to ask for Ground Environment X North America - WORLD EDITION    
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 1:02am
I didn't know the answer to your last question, so no response from me on that one. But, I think you will find the "nuclear" option will get you up and running. Nice of Just Flight to offer you another product. Good luck!
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 11:49am
I am running with traffic X at the moment with Plus Pack, and they show up in Scenery Library. when I have used 360 that has also shown up there, Traffic 360 was supposed to be a upgrade to X and Plus pack, but looked like a downgrade to me, I feel a bit Honored this week having
Freddy agree with me,
My problem at the moment is when trying to compile flight plans, is getting the Unhandled exception error,
Regards, Harry.
Spinwmts View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinwmts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 5:50pm
I've never heard of the UnHandled Exception error, and I must admit Im relieved that I'm not having to trouble shot yet another  FSX error, such as that one!  Are you using the internal flight planning tool to create your flight plans or is this for IA in Just Flight?   

As for the nuclear option,  I only call it that because for some reason every time I re-install FSX  I have to call the 1800 number due to so many installation on my particular copies  (i'm thinking its about 7 years old, and multiple pcs)!  

Thanks for all the help Freddy and Path Finder. 
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 6:14pm
I use traffic X to compile flight plans, at the present time I have 120 flight plans, They are all working as best they can be compiled, I think it is a random system of compiling, I find that by just compiling my flight plans they do compile, I have reloaded FSX a few times with out problems, but I mostly do a repair,
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 8:36am
There are a few threads in the Traffic X forum about users who get the UNHANDLED EXCEPTION errors or have parts of Traffic X not working correctly. Do a search in the Traffic X forum for details. A good search term, if you haven't done so already, would be to search for "Unhandled Exception". (Note: Because some posts will be quite old now, you may want to do an ADVANCED SEARCH and choose FIND POSTS for ANY DATE.)

Specifically, there is an issue where the Traffic X install program, for whatever reason, may sometimes miss putting all of the presets files and folders on to your computer. When this occurs, you will get the kinds of issues (Unhandled Exception and possibly others as well) that you are describing.

Just Flight issued a FIX for this ... a "PRESETS.ZIP" file which you can download.

NOTE: The presets files and folders must reside on your PC where Traffic X expects it to be. You should leave the PRESETS folder where it gets installed ... do not move it to a location of your own choosing.

----------------------------------------------------

1) Go to the Just Flight Traffic X Support page (link: Just Flight Traffic X Support).

2) View the topic titled: I get an error when loading the Traffic Control Centre / parts of the Traffic Control Centre do not function.

3) Follow the instructions and download the PRESETS.ZIP file. Install that (right-click and choose Run as Administrator) and see if it corrects your problems. Hopefully it will and you will then be able to enjoy Traffic X in all of its glory.

----------------------------------------------------

Also, after you have done this, it would be a good idea to make sure you have the "Traffic X Service Pack 1" installed as well. Do that AFTER doing the above fix. If you are not sure if you already have that or not, then it will NOT hurt anything to install it again, over the top of your existing installation, just to be sure. You can find and download the Service Pack on that same Traffic X Support page.

Other than this, you may need to open a support ticket with Just Flight support ... (link: Just Flight Submit Your Support Request).
Spinwmts View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinwmts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 4:12pm
Hey Freddy and PF1 ,   I just wanted to check in and let you know I solved the problem!  After uninstalling and re-stalling everything Traffic 360 worked.   I'm thinking it must have been a problem with Apps data/FSX folder.     I've now included that folder in my backup process.    Btw, Just flight was very helpful too.  After not being able to determine the solution that were kind of enough to offer me another product from their line.  I took the Embraer 175/195 addon.  It's definitely keeping me busy!    Any luck on your "Unhandled" error? 
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 7:13pm
Hi, Spinwmts,and Freddy, I seem to have sort of solved the unhandled exception, at the moment I am only compiling my own flights, I find that is working out a lot better as far as I am concerned, as it leaves a lot more parking, at the moment I have 122 flights and they all work, no more random compiling, Freddy says leave the presets.zip where it gets installed, do you still let it be placed in C: if you have all your flight programs in a separate SSD F:, I think I must be getting to old for these new fangled computer things. I am pleased you have sorted your problem as well.
Regards, Harry.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 2:14am
Good to hear that you have both sorted out your issues.

Regarding the Presets.zip file ...

As I wrote in my earlier post: "You should leave the PRESETS folder where it gets installed ... do not move it to a location of your own choosing".

In other words, you can delete the Presets.zip file. All you needed to do is unzip that file so that it could create the folder that you need. So, delete the Presets.zip file, but keep the PRESETS folder that it created.

(Actually, rather than deleting that file, you may instead want to save a copy of it somewhere in case you happen to need it again someday.)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic