This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hawker Hurricane - Panel Lights?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petenoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawker Hurricane - Panel Lights?
    Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 7:27pm
I just installed the Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary package and then the Service Pack. At least I THINK I've installed the latter correctly.

I've found one glitch and it doesn't seem to be mentioned elsewhere in this forum. The Panel Lights seem to work fine in the other two aircraft but at night, I'm seeing only partial, minimal lighting inside the cockpit of the Hawker Hurricane.

This is using the "L" key, or sft-L, or the cockpit control (#6?) on the left side of the cockpit.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

peter
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 10:35am

Hi Peter.This is how my panel lights are.

Jim.
petenoak View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petenoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 8:17pm
I wonder why I'm not getting anything like your cockpit image?

The panel lighting at night is just fine in the Spitfire and Messherschmidt.

Is there a way to add panel lights from another fsx panel?

peter
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 9:31am
HI Peter,try a reinstall,also I have the acceleration expansion pack installed.I don't know if that makes a difference,maybe someone else can enlighten on this.
Jim.
petenoak View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petenoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 4:51pm

Above is my Hurricane cockpit. Looks rather different. We seem to have different versions?

Oops. Can't seem to get my image to display here. I'm new to this forum so I don't see how to insert or upload an image.

Try this Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b1y42lrpzl5010/hurricane%20cockpit.png

In any case, believe me, our Hurricane panels look quite different. For one, mine has a "Boost" pressure gauge on the right with a bright red rim around it, and, well, there are a ton of other details that are different. I hardly recognize them as being the same product.

Another oddity, the Fuel Selector switch above the fuel gauge can't be moved off of the Center tank to either "Port" or "STBD" tanks.

peter
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 6:21pm

Hi Peter.Is this the panel you have,if so it seems that there are various panels for different aircraft.

Jim.
petenoak View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petenoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 8:32pm
Hello Jim,

Yes, the second image that you posted is what I see. So what model or aircraft was the other one for? Your panel lights work fine?

And can you select each of the three fuel tanks with the Fuel Selector?

peter
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 5:57pm
Hello Peter,Im not sure I just chose one at random,also I can change the fuel selector by using the mouse from single tank,both tanks and fuel cut off.BTW have you checked the manual it describes everything you want to know.

Jim.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic