This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > English Electric Canberra PR.9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More questions and observations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More questions and observations
    Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 9:53pm
Hope you don't mind the posts on the Canberra.  At least you know that some of us are flying it diligently.

Now that I have a full reinstall and am practicing my landings, I have a couple questions regarding some gauges on the Right side of the cockpit.  Each of this has a "hot spot" when I move the mouse over them, but I cannot get them to function.

1.  Roll Damper.

2.  Radar Altimiter Control

3.  Open canopy to taxi.

On the last item it worked prior to SP1, and I was wondering if an additional step is now needed.

Thanks..

--WH
MadRobbie1 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadRobbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by WarHorse47 WarHorse47 wrote:

3.  Open canopy to taxi.

On the last item it worked prior to SP1, and I was wondering if an additional step is now needed.

Thanks..

--WH

OK, to open the canopy:

1) Flip the black & yellow striped safety cover (far left side of cockpit, near landing gear buttons)

2) Click the switch to unlock the canopy pins - when done, the canopy tag flags along the lower main frame will change from LOCKED (green) to OPEN (orange)

3) Click to 'pull' the release handles on the lower main canopy frame (one either side) towards you so they are stick outwards. The hot spot for these is right at the tip of the handles

4) The canopy should then open upwards on its own

5) You should then extend the support which is folded up into the upper right side of the cockpit if engines are running/taxiing

6) To close the canopy, fold the support by clicking on it, then click on the tip of either of the release handles in the lower canopy frame - the canopy should then lower and shut....you'll hear the canopy pins locking, and you may need to fold the release handles back flush against the canopy frame (again click the tip of the handles).

Once both are folded, the canopy is shut and locked properly. Don't forget to flip the canopy release switch safety cover down again.

Hope this helps!
I can add screenshots later if you think they'd help should problems persist.

Sorry I can't advise on Roll Damper or RadAlt, as I've not got into fiddling with those yet!

Cheers!
Rob
MadRobbie1 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadRobbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 11:00pm

(above): Locking pin tags are green "locked" both sides of rail. Canopy open switch cover is down.

(above): Canopy switch is to the left of the flap position indicator. Flip the switch safety cover and flick the switch down to release the canopy pins.

(above): When the pins are unlocked, the tags in the frame will show orange "open", and the canopy release switch will reset to switch up.

(above): Click on the tips of the release handles to 'pull' them out.

(above): When the second handle is 'pulled', the canopy will automatically lift.

(above): Click on the support handle to release from stowage and support canopy frame while engines running/taxiing.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Rob
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 11:11pm
Thanks Rob.

I'll give it a whirl.

Prior to SP1, I just had to click the support rod.  This makes it more interesting.

--WH
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 11:16pm
Radalt is quite straightforward - the panel you are looking at on the right is the controller for the radio altimeter gauge lower centre on the front panel. The pole switch changes the range (0 - 500ft or 0 - 5000ft). The rotary knob is supposed to select heights within the 5000ft band at which a warning light would appear were you to deviate from that height. From memory, there are 9 selectable heights. However, I don't think this is functioning.

Roll Damper I'll have to check the PNs, but I think it functions similarly to the yaw damper you find on many larger jets - the PR9 was susceptible to very 'light' controls at altitude (hence the high / low gearing switch on the coaming for the ailerons) and the damper just damps out some of the unnecessary movement.

Cheers,
Paul.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic