This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some ATC Call signs Info missing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonicfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some ATC Call signs Info missing
    Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 9:24pm

Is there a way to fix all of the missing call signs?
There are a lot of just flight #'s with no call signs in front of them.  I realize that some of those may be non-commercial, but I'm pretty sure some of those are commercial and are missing the call signs.
I have updated my airlines.cfg with a ton of call signs and that fixed part of them, but there's still some missing.  Is there a way to check this using the software?

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 7:21am
The topic of callsigns and aircraft names etc can be a complicated one.

There were a few separate discussions on the topic back in the Traffic X forums. I've provided a few links to those below.

Reading your post, you mention the "airlines.cfg" file, so it sounds like you already have a bit of a handle on how it works. Therefore, you may already know most of the stuff that those posts in Traffic X are talking about. Still, if you read through them, you might find something new that you didn't know and maybe the answer you seek could in fact be hidden somewhere in those threads.

Yes, noted that the posts are related to Traffic X (and not Traffic 360). But, Traffic 360 and Traffic X are essentially the same package, just with different front screens and user interfaces. And, besides, callsigns and aircraft names etc are handled by FSX via files like the "airlines.cfg" file ... so those posts and threads are all still relevant anyway.

In short, I don't have a specific answer to your question. But, hopefully, the posts linked to below will provide some food for thought, or perhaps even the answer you seek hidden away in there somewhere.

------------------------------------------------------------

Post link 1 ... Callsigns Incorrect?

Post link 2 ... AI Callsigns

Post link 3 ... How to add new planes to Traffic X for Flight Plans

Post link 4 ... Airline Call Signs

------------------------------------------------------------

There may be others. Do an ADVANCED search in the Traffic X forum for terms like "callsign", "call sign" (note the space), "aircraft name", "tail number", "airline code", "ATC_airline" (a term from the airline.cfg file, so note the underscore character), "ATC", etc. And remember to tell the search to use ANY DATE as the posts in the Traffic X forum will all be from a while back now.

tonicfan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonicfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 8:58pm
Thanks for the info.
I thought by purchasing a product for a decent amount of money would make it so I wouldnt have to do all this work myself.  Its a bit disappointing that this isnt fixed internally within the addon itself.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic