This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > English Electric Canberra PR.9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GPS waypoint to HSI, how?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GPS waypoint to HSI, how?
    Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 2:44pm
I must be daft or something, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the GPS waypoint to the HSI. According to the manual:

"This HSI is driven by the active NAV 1 frequency, which can be tuned into the GTN 650,
or driven by the GPS."

This is great, however, it doesn't say how you go about slaving the HSI to the GPS. I've scoured the manual but no info, I'm going nuts here. Any help would be appreciated.

/Andreas

snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 5:31pm
Error in the manual AFAIK. There is no slave facility on the GPS that I have found.
Andreas View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 6:14pm
Ok, good to know. Now I don't have to keep looking in the manual, thanks!Smile
maddog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 1:27am
There does not seem to be any way to connect the GPS to have it follow the flightplan.
I have added a Nav/GPS switch to the Auto pilot panel and now I can follow the flightplan.
Perhaps the Developer could see about using one of the INOP switches on the GPS Radio panel for this function.

[Window08]
file=PUP09_Autopilot-backdrop.bmp
size_mm=753,891
window_size= 0.28, 0.5
window_pos= 0.0, 0.5
position=7
visible=0
ident=900
no_luminous=1
zorder=9

gauge00=canberra!Autopilot_Switch_Panel, 0,0,753,891
gauge01=Beech_Baron!NAV GPS Switch,  341,545,63,110
nmurray View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 8:31pm
Thanks very much for sharing, it works well.
maddog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 9:57pm
thanks
There is probably a better looking Nav/GPS switch somewhere but at least everyone will have the Barons gauge.cab on their install.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic