This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SP2? disappointed!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SP2? disappointed!!!
    Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 3:49am
Yes! this IS bad!

I had high hopes for the SP2 for this bird. So what has changed? Texturesizes and other things maybe, thats fine... BUT!

The crazy frameratedrop from 28-30 when sitting on ground ready for take off, to from the point when you have made your takeoff and start to fly, (and I started my trip from default ESSA, with NO AI traffic and no other high settings in my FSX)  ITS STILL drops down to 12-14 fps (sometimes even as low as 9!!!) and stutters like h###!!!

...And I HAVE changed the config. to the "lighter" (1024 textures etc.) version in the tool provided in the "new" package...

It is a true shame that JF has not looked at this problem closer and FIXED it as this seems to be the major issue!!! 

Pelle

alexcolka View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexcolka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 10:05pm
Exactly the same issue with the fps, when banking/turning the plane (and the same numbers). What could cause that fps fluctuation? a bad coded gauge in the vc?
Alex
buspelle View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 5:06pm
I dont know my friend what causes this, (still the "see-through" windows maybe) but if I were "JF" I would focus on this problem and fix it ASAP!!! (before doing anything else...)
speckfire View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speckfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 4:17pm
Can anyone activate the airstairs and truck? I can't seem to do it in either low or high detail since SP2.
Mike Hart View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 6:57am
Speckfire, not on your lonesome there, doesnt operate on my aircraft with SP2 either.

Nor does the navigator view come up any more.

The altitude alert window reads in 1 ft increments, really useful that one.

As for the autopilot, cannot get it to do anything advertised, AND

NO glide path on the ILS at the moment either. Great.

Maybe I should just patch across the DC-9 (not JF of course) autopilot they are identical.
speckfire View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speckfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 1:00am
Thanks for the FYI Mike.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic