This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Service pack 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tubthumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Service pack 1
    Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 4:20am
Has the paintkit been updated to reflect the new window locations yet?  I've done a repaint and posted it on Avsim.net and Flight sim.com and want to get them fixed as soon as possible.

I posted this question here because I'm not sure it qualifies for a technical support question.  Please let me know if I need to make a ticket.

Regards,
Marc

What's that mountain goat doing up here in this cloud bank?
yankeeromeo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeeromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 8:56am
Hello Marc,

have a look at this link;
Cheers.

Tubthumper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tubthumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 3:19pm
Hi Yankeeromeo,
I downloaded the paintkit and compared it side by side with the one I downloaded when this plane was released.  I notice no difference in the windows with the new download.  I'll put a color on it and check it out in FSX to be sure; but by looking with the my photo editor they're the same. 

Regards,
Marc

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tubthumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 6:26pm
The updated paintkit is out now.  Big smile  I've revised my repaint and uploaded it on Avsim and Flightsim and it will be added to their archive soon.
Raycockpit View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raycockpit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 2:59pm
Hi Tubthumper, can you tell me where is the updated paint kit? the technical support link downloads the original one!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tubthumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 4:09pm
Hi Raycockpit,  That's exactly where I got it from.  I'm not sure why it didn't work for you unless you used the link on this thread that was posted on Nov 3 which was before it was released. I'm not an IT guy, but I think the links remain true to the date they are posted.  I navigated to the download from the homepage not using the link.  The date created time stamp for the file you're looking for is Dec 8 2013 at 7:43PM 
husky3575 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote husky3575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 9:05pm
is there an easy way to locate the two doors on the left side of the Fuse to where they are mapped on the door texture file?
Raycockpit View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raycockpit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 12:50am
What I do is use one of the textures that come with the pack and use them as reference and measure the spot where they are located with the ruler (photoshop option) then I go to the texture I am working on and use the ruler again to locate the doors spots.
I don't know if this answers your question, but I hope it can be of any help

Ray
husky3575 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote husky3575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 5:03pm
Ray,
Thanks for the advice, but it isn't helping much. Just flight can you make a door cut out marks to align the door textures please and thank you.

Joe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic