This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prepar3d v2 compatibility

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prepar3d v2 compatibility
    Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 1:36am
Hi folks,

Does anyone know the status of compatibility with P3D2? I have the 767-200/300 in particular. I know the installer won't find the P3D2 install file on its own, but if I point it manually at the right place should I expect a working install?

Thanks in advance for any prior experience.
Dan

Cornflex View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 8:54am
All Airbusses work with P3DV2!
No problems found so far.

Regards,
Joerg
danherman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 1:19am
Thanks for responding, however....

After I asked the question, I tested it myself and found that the cockpit windows all display opaque. Evidently not happening for you.

I'm on Win 7 Pro with all MS updates applied, EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan with latest drivers.

Am I the only one? It's good for IFR training as is, but not quite what I'm hoping for.
Dan

Cornflex View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 7:46am
Hi Dan,

your problem is related to DirectX9. The 767 was developed by CLS and is not DirectX10, 11 compatible. It is a native FS9 model.

On their webpage they offer a fix for solid windows. Maybe you can try this:

"This fix is for those who have solid windows in FSX, during rainy condition. This is a bug in FSX and can be fixed with these new textures."

Regards,
Joerg
anthonyneave View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonyneave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 11:41pm
I had the same issue with the 767, and the solid windows fix did not work.

It's interesting that you can see still outside the cockpit windows while the aircraft is still loading...hmmm!

I'm still looking for a solution, so I'd love to hear from any Prepar3d v2 users who have found a workaround
danherman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 6:50pm
Thanks for sharing that. And thanks Joerg for the suggestion. I too tried the solid-windows fix linked above and it didn't work for me either. Still looking for a solution.

Dan
rosariomanzo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosariomanzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 12:22pm
May anyone help on installing the airbuses on p3d? Is there a line of code to add to the dll.xml?

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote anthonyneave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 3:08am
SOLVED! For those of you with the opaque windshield problem using the Commercial Level Simulations 767-200/300 in Prepar3d v2, I have done some research and created a fix which can be downloaded here
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=neave&CatID=root

Please remember to make a back up of your existing file in case this does not work!

For information about other add-ons, and their compatability in Prepar3d v2, I found this link useful
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426926-p3d-v2-master-compatibility-list/

You will need to login with an AVSim account to access this file and information. I hope that this saves you time :)
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonyneave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 3:11am
In case the links in my last post don't work, please copy and past the link into a new window
danherman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 5:06am
Sorry for the slow reply Anthony, I only just now was able to try this.

The fix works beautifully. My hat's off to you. Thank you sir, well done!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonyneave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 6:12am
No worries Dan! If you have any other aircraft with the same issue the trick seems to be that you find the texture with the internal Windshield and you invert the Alpha Channel for that texture. The alpha channel is what controls transparency. I found this extremely easy to do using a free program called DXTBmp!

I must give credit to Jon Murchison at Aircraft Repaints New Zealand (www.flightsim.co.nz) for pointing me in the right direction. Thanks Jon!
danherman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 6:49am
Good lead, thanks Anthony, and Jon!

Curious that alpha would be interpreted differently without breaking lots more. That's a good check to keep in mind. Makes me wonder if there isn't more I've discounted as "minor artifact" that might have a common root cause. Any idea how widespread the effect is? Is it just windows, or all textures with alpha channels? Any why doesn't it affect other planes?
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonyneave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 7:01am
I'm not sure Dan. I guess I got lucky with this one!

I understand that various sims e.g. FS2004, FSX and Prepar3d 'interpret' the textures differently. I won't pretend to be an expert. It sounds like you know more about it than I do
mfife View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 12:41am
When I try to install the F-Lite A320 and A318 and point the installer to the Prepar3d folder, it just tells me it can't find FSX and refuses to install. How did you guys manage it?
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonyneave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 8:09am
mfife, I suggest you invest in this FSX to Prepar3d Migration tool found here http://www.flightsim.ee
mfife View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 8:47am
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try when I get back from work!
mfife View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 8:47pm
Ok, so Migration tool works fine, installed A318 - A320 and Longhaul package (A320 and A340). in P3D v2.2

The A318 - A320 have no gauges, no panels in VC and VC buttons are unreactive. Other than that the plane flies I suppose, but not usefully.   

The A320 - 340 have opaque windows so can't see out of them.
Also non-responsive buttons in VC.
MFD's turn white at night with lights on.
Externally aircraft becomes partially transparent with lights on.

These aircraft are simply not graphically compatible with P3D v2.2 (DX 11).

Intel i5, Nvidia GTX760 2GB, 16Gb RAM Win7 64 Home, all OS and drivers up to date.

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by mfife mfife wrote:

Why would they be?  They were released well before P3Dv2, and aren't DX11 compatible.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
mfife View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

Why would they be?  They were released well before P3Dv2, and aren't DX11 compatible.

It was in response to a comment above by Cornflex that all airbus planes work with P3Dv2.

It's a shame though, as they are great add-ons for those of us who are not into procedural sims where *every* function of the real aircraft is duplicated, and you need an hour on checklists before you can get airborne. Would an update to get these to work in DX11 and P3dV2 be so hard/expensive/time consuming for JF to do? Isn't the issue primarily one of texturing? The flight mechanics and control surfaces all seem work fine.

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 11:45pm

Would an update to get these to work in DX11 and P3dV2 be so hard/expensive/time consuming for JF to do? Isn't the issue primarily one of texturing? The flight mechanics and control surfaces all seem work fine.

Well for a start, JF only publishes some of these.  They didn't write them, so you'd have to contact the original developer.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic