This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RMI - green needle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RMI - green needle
    Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 1:38am
I understand how to use the 1 and 2 needles to switch from ADF to VOR modes. The green needle appears to be some type of ADF needle but always stuck at 360/180 position even when I have ADF stations in range and ID-ing. Both double bar needles will switch from ADF to VOR and indicate a proper bearing OK, but what the heck is the green one for??
High Iron View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 5:30pm
The green needle in the RMI is pointing to the VOR transmitting station tuned into on the NAV1 receiver.

The other two larger arrows are for ADF1 and ADF2. The selection knobs on the bottom corners of the RMI are to turn on/off the ADF indictors, not select between ADF/VOR as you may have become accustomed to with later model RMI's. When no signals are received, the ADF needles will park in the 3 o'clock position and the green VOR needle in the 12 or 6 o'clock position, I can't recall which off hand.
Mike70 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 5:39pm
Thanks much - I get it, now!!

Mike70 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:20pm
It looks like the green needle on the RMI is actually for the #2 VOR though, true?
Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Mike70 Mike70 wrote:

It looks like the green needle on the RMI is actually for the #2 VOR though, true?

Yes, I found this as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic