This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC-8 AP & other problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 7:05am
The MCP advanced Goflight works like a charme with it, it was nothing linked with the DC8 autopilot . It was just a current profile which was not compatible, that's all.
Pascal
Bob57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 4:28pm
Pascal, glad to hear it is working for you, Bob
fly37 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fly37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 9:28pm
Still not working at me.. and I wait for some correction...

fly37
merlin851526 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin851526 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by flyforever flyforever wrote:

Can someone confirm that the NAV loc works? I can't seem to make it track a nav.
tony
I'm the same can't seem to get it to track the nav course. I've read the manual and all is correct, but yet it will shoot past the altitude and in turns will bleed off speed and height that would suggest an emergency.
merlin851526 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin851526 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 6:21pm
Played around for while with some different flights and the aircraft will drop like a bag of washing machines on a turn while the auto pilot is engaged and is completely unreliable in terms of altitude as well. Of course this is just my experience and may not be typical for others. But I will be surprised frankly, if this auto pilot is the norm how something so evident wasn't picked up during testing.
Mike70 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 8:43pm
The control effectiveness and autopilot parameters in the aircraft.cfg file are poorly balanced.

If you know how, or want to try modifying these, save a copy of the original aircraft.cfg, then find each of these parameters and make these changes (the "//" entries at the end of a line are not executed, and save as a comment as to what I had before I made the latest change to a line):

[flight_tuning]
cruise_lift_scalar=1.05
pitch_stability=0.75//1.0
roll_stability=1.0
yaw_stability=2.0
parasite_drag_scalar=1.0
induced_drag_scalar=1.0
elevator_effectiveness=1.1
aileron_effectiveness=1.0
rudder_effectiveness=1.25//0.75
elevator_trim_effectiveness=2.5//1.5
aileron_trim_effectiveness=1.0
rudder_trim_effectiveness=1.0

[Autopilot]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
max_bank=25.0
max_bank_acceleration=2.0//3.0
max_bank_velocity=3.5//5.00
max_throttle_rate=0.10
nav_proportional_control= 20.0
nav_integrator_control= 0.45
nav_derivative_control= 0.00
nav_integrator_boundary= 0.50
nav_derivative_boundary= 0.00
gs_proportional_control= 14.0
gs_integrator_control= 0.65
gs_derivative_control= 0.00
gs_integrator_boundary= 0.70
gs_derivative_boundary= 0.00
yaw_damper_gain = 1.0

They work for me ,and the plane hand flies better as well.
fly37 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fly37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 10:32pm
Thanks Mike70... I will try!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic