This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bouncing aircraft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bouncing aircraft
    Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 9:31pm
I recently bought this and have noticed that any airliners on the ground when taxiing seem to bounce up and down a bit and give off tyre smoke similar to when landing.

Anyone else notice this.
Intel Core i5 3570k @4.2Ghz -

MSi Z77 Mpower mainboard - EVGA GTX770 SC4 gig VRAM -16gig DDR3 1600mhz @ 1866mhz - P3D v2 - X-Plane 10
Lampoil View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lampoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 2:13pm
If I am not mistaken I think this issue has been discussed before on another forum and maybe down to overloading (tweaked FSX config) or possibly over-clocking.

I experience it now and then and recently re-introduced it this week after fitting a new graphics card and re-tweaking FSX config, plus increasing FSX settings.

I also run T360 (100%) with REX, All UK2000 extreme airports and Orbx EU, maybe just asking to much.

Vecter View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 7:37pm
Is this happening to default T360 aircraft models or aircraft that were imported after updating the aircraft list? The reason I ask is because I have this issue with a SkySpirit 777 that was imported after updating my aircraft config. It jumps around like a pogo stick with sparks flying out of the engine and all manner of crashing aircraft noises. It's good for a LOL just haven't gotten around to deleting it yet.

Another possibility is to check and see if the plane is loaded with Boston Red Sock's fans! I live in St.Louis Cry.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 8:19pm
Typically, FSX aircraft model developers correct aircraft bouncing issues by changing the contact points that are specified in the aircraft.cfg file. However, in the case of a freeware B787_800 that I downloaded and use both as a user aircraft and as an AI aircraft, I found that the 787 worked perfectly as a user aircraft but exhibited severe bouncing when used as an AI aircraft, and I found a different solution for this particular problem. I discovered that commenting out a few of the MOI (Moment of Inertia) lines in the aircraft.cfg file eliminated the bouncing when using the aircraft for AI traffic. I ended up using the original aircraft folder with the original aircraft.cfg file for the user aircraft only. Then I copied the entire original aircraft folder, changed the name of the copied folder to B787_800_AI, and overwrote the original aircraft.cfg file in the renamed folder with the modified aircraft.cfg file. I use the second 787 aircraft folder for AI traffic only.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 10:58pm

Notwithstanding Dan's issue with the freeware 787, and Vecter's similar issue with a 777, it is more likely due to, as Lampoil suggested, having your FSX settings up too high.

Here is a (slightly edited) cut/paste from a post I wrote a while back in the Traffic X forum: 

Bouncing is a common indication that your FSX settings are up too high and as a result your PC is stuggling to cope.  What's happening is that you are seeing things bounce as each individual scenery layer is being loaded, one at a time, in order, on top of each previous layer, (ground, then trees, then hills, then water, then clouds, then aprons, then runways, then buildings, then bridges, then autogen, then AI planes, etc etc etc).  As each layer loads, you see the bounce.

By installing Traffic 360 you have added lots and lots of extra AI planes so the FSX program now has to do lots and lots of extra work.  And if your FSX settings are up a little too high, this is now causing the system to struggle.  Note that this issue could also result from adding any other add-on ... the more you add, the more the system has to do.

The good news is that if you are patient, eventually all of the scenery layers will finish loading up, and the bouncing will stop.

However, if it bothers you, then you can get rid of it simply by winding your FSX settings down a little.  This may mean lowering your Autogen setting, or your detail levels, or reducing your AI traffic sliders, and so on and so forth.  Reduce your settings until the system is no longer struggling and the bouncing will stop.

Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 1:36am
Lampoli and Freddy, your replies seem more applicable than mine to the all-AI-aircraft-bounce problem that Modelflyer is experiencing. My reply is more applicable to the single-aircraft-bouncing problem that Vector is experiencing.

Dan
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 9:07pm
Ahh yes, of course ... I was responding to the original post, and didn't actually pick up on the fact you were responding to vecter's 777 issue being similar to your 787 issue.  Smile
Vecter View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 12:16am
I was just trying to determine if the OP's problem was with the default T360 models or with add on types, thinking this might give a clue where to look for the problem.

The SkySprit 777 is a very advanced aircraft and I have always believed that is the reason it does not make a good AI aircraft, certainly the developers never meant for it to be. As I posted earlier just haven't gotten around to removing it as there always seems to be something in FSX that is more pressing. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic