This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC8 Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC8 Questions
    Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 5:30pm
Hi,
I have a couple of questions about your newly released DC8 which haven't yet been answered. It's looks very nice indeed, and it's high on my must-have list!
Are the fuselage windows see-through or painted?
Does it have an APU (early DC8's didn't, some later models did)?
Is pressurisation modelled, or are these switches and dials operable?
Can a weather radar be fitted into the VC or is it blank (as per the JF 146)?
Thanks,
Fabio
johntaylormolly View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johntaylormolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 9:52pm
does it have gps nav? thanks....John Taylor
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 10:33pm
In all likelihood, GPS will be there, or it will or could be made available via a pop-up GPS window; whether the AP will link is another matter. No doubt VOR/ILS/ADF will be present; flying with these is an indispensable part of airmanship.
If you can get to grips with it, you'll probably be able to install the CIVA INS which would he more appropriate to the era of the DC-8.
Fabio
Jesse View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 10:37pm
I was actually admiring the windows earlier in the sim. There is a 3D cabin to be seen through the glossy windows in the external model you'll be glad to know ;)
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 10:39pm
Hi,
Thanks, I thought I caught a glimpse in one of the JF videos, glad you confirmed it!
This DC-8 looks great - I'm greatly tempted, and I'm weakening all the time!
The question is whether the B707 needs a four engined companion of its era to keep it company?!
Fabio
Valencia View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valencia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 8:30am
Looks great!!!
But on the details (in fsx when previewing the Aircraft) all variants have a range of 2900 nm. This is not realistic.

Is this correct, or do the different variants have correct ranges? 
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 8:48am
Hi,
It doesn't sound right, but haven't found a reliable source of information as yet for the JF DC-8 range.
Is the WX radar a blank, is there an APU, and is there TCAS?
Suspect WX is blank but unsure if another WX radar be fitted on top, suspect no APU else ground servicing wouldn't be quite so comprehensive, and TCAS unlikely in this era.
How did I do?!
Fabio
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 9:38am
Hi,

The is a GPS NAV button in the cockpit.    
There were no APUs on DC-8s of this era, same with TCAS. The WX is just a blank. 

You can view the manual for the DC-8 here for more details - http://www.justflightdownloads.com/esd/Airliners/DC8Jetliner/DC8JetlinerSeries10to40_manual.pdf
Valencia View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valencia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 12:13pm
After some crude testing I suspect the range (tested the 30 which has a 10 000 km range i real life) is totaly off....
fly37 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fly37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 2:12pm
Great the DC8... 
but have a problem, after did a save in flight, when load, have  engines off, autotrottel off... and that create... panic!!!
What I can do, please, for avoid that?

Question: it is one autobrake for landing?

Thank

fly37 Gianni
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 2:40pm
Thanks Rich, all as I thought.
Congratulations on such a popular release.
Fabio
Raycockpit View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raycockpit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 4:45pm
Hi, I was wondering if you guys are going to complete the DC-8 family with  the DC-8, series 50,60 and 70? The series 50 at least, was very successful and competed very close with the Boeing707-300 series.
Is it by any chance going to come out?

regards,

Ray
yankeeromeo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeeromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 6:54am
don't know the answer but if you look carefully at the JF config tool, there is a "fx_JF_CFM56_smoke.fx" in shaded grey, so Approve
Beer
Raycockpit View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raycockpit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 1:34pm

hello!!!!! did anybody read my post??

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic