This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 737 Professional
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tutorial Flight ILS Intercept

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry_1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tutorial Flight ILS Intercept
    Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 10:20am
Hello!

I'm trying to follow the 737 Professional tutorial but am having persistent problems getting the autopilot to intercept the ILS for runway 9R at KORD.

Everything goes smoothly until the bottom of page 106 of the manual, when on a heading of 040 to intercept the ILS, the course deviation indication starts to center (so I know the correct frequency is set on NAV1, plus the DME checks out) so I set the autopilot mode to VOR LOC to start tracking the ILS to 9R, and the plane starts turning away from the runway to a heading of 360!

I have the NAV/GPS mode selector in the NAV position, so am really stumped at this behaviour!

Has anyone else had a similar experience, or could there be something I don't have set correctly for the plane just to start heading north!?

Thanks for your time,

Harry
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 5:24pm
Hi Harry, This might sound obvious but have you set your course to the correct runway heading?
Must Fly!
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 5:36pm
Also correct button is APR and set to NAV.
johnep
harry_1983 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry_1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 2:24pm
Thanks guys,

I have got 090 set on the course selector on the HSI.

I did however, try an approach on 14R instead, and everything worked as expected.

I think I've solved it now, the manual states 110.10 for 09R, however looking here...

http://www.fltplan.c...rmation/ord.htm

110.10 is the frequency for 04R, guess it must be a typo, which is obviously fantastic for people who are a bit green and following a tutorial!

johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2013 at 11:41am
Click on the airport in map view and select airport. Up wil come all the ILS data and use the exact degree given to set CRS. 9R could be between 86 and 93.
johnep
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic