This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tristar: Rolls Over During Turns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tristar: Rolls Over During Turns
    Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 9:36pm
I have encountered something that one other person mentioned, and that is that the Tristar can roll over when NAV mode is selected [INS] and the heading change needed is fairly large (it can easily go inverted if left, and then into a spiral dive).
Maybe the workaround is to limit large turns to the heading selector, or if a fix could be issued to limit roll rate / bank angle.
Thoughts anyone?
Fabio
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 9:38am
Have you contacted our support team? If not, please do so here: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 2:36pm
GeorgeB: I have logged this with support as you have asked; it looks like you might have recognised this issue as you haven't asked for more info; have you also experienced this phenomena?
If other users have the same issue, please do update this thread.
Thanks,
Fabio
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 9:26am
I have not experienced it before. I can see your email and we will look into it for you.
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 9:29am
Thanks, I know that at least one other has this issue.
I'll experiment to see if I can narrow it down.
Fabio
Markoz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 4:59pm
I have this problem too.

When switching between HDG and NAV on the A/P (or vice versa), the L-1011 will roll over to inverted and dive towards the ground. If this happens at too low an altitude (below 10,000 feet), it will crash into the ground.

This is the way that I find prevents it from happening:

Switch off the HDG mode, then switch on NAV mode. When going back to HDG mode from NAV mode, switch off NAV mode, then switch on HDG mode.

Since doing it this way, I have not had the problem happen.

FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 5:14pm
Thanks, I'll give that a go the next time I'm in the L1011.
Tobus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 9:32am
I can confirm this and also confirm the work around stated above.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic