This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

anyone on Toms hardware forum?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone on Toms hardware forum?
    Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 7:22am
guys,

I've tried registering on this forum but cant activate my account as keep getting an apache tomcat error, despite trying several times with different activation emails. I cant see how to contact anyone there either to get it sorted.  Just thought if someone was on there whose also on here, then maybe they could help? Like maybe ask a moderator over there if there is an alternative way to activate the account or whatever.

Cheers,

Rory
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 11:09am
Sorry no one could help Rory.

Personally I'm not a member. Do find Tom's helpful sometimes. To be honest though, some of there hardware reviews make me raise an eyebrow.
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 4:03pm
No problem martin. The reason I wanted to post over there is to get some feedback from anyone using the asus z87 deluxe board. I've not started assembly yet but I've read of a few people having problems getting their optical drives to work with win 7 and this board and was hoping to try to minimise the risk of it happening to me. It may not happen at all! Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Rory
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 11:36am
I have the P8Z77-V Deluxe.

Not sure why anyone would have an issue with their optical drives. W7 isn't exactly a new OS. Did you mean W8?

I would say, make sure you install the software on the CD Asus provide. Only then, visit the Asus site and update the software.

Stuff like chip set drivers need to be installed from the CD. Sometimes you find the Asus CD has a version of the driver that's required "first" before any updates.

Try looking on the Asus support forum for info on this.

The only issue I can think of is if someone hadn't set the bios boot priority to DVD drive, thus chad trouble installing the OS.

kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 6:44am
Ok, martin.  Yes I meant Win 7.  I think I'm just getting panicy and trying to address problems before they actually crop up!  It's been 3 years since my last build, which went superbly and just want this one to go smooth too. 
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 11:50am
What sort of enclosure Rory?

The new Corsair 750D is out. Lovely case. Amazing radiator support, great cooling,looksgood and all the latest features for £130.

It's a bit bigger than the old 650D.
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 3:31pm

I've gone for the HAF X. So, system will be....

HAF X, core i7 4770, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Z87 Deluxe, 16gb Corsair 1600 DDR3, 2 x HD7970's, Corsair 1200axi psu, total cost is around £1800 all in.

kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 3:49pm
forgot to add, 128gb Toshiba ssd and 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD. ! Will be transferring some HDD's from my present system tho too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic