This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Constellation Professsional
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrust reversers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flattermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thrust reversers
    Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 10:42am
Hi,
in the manual there is a mention "Use the reversers as necessary to slow the aircraft..." But I havn't found the reversers. Normally it works with pressing F2 or F2+Back. Is there an aother way?

Happy landings wishes Christian
asticou View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asticou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 12:04am
Yes, you can reverse the pitch on the props. Upon the landing and during the roll out, put your cursor up on the red lights above the Manifold pressure gauges, and click. Click on them gain to bring props back to normal

Regards,
Asticou
DPJ
Flattermann View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flattermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 8:48am
Dear Asticou,
I know this clicking on the red lights, but only in the Connie model by Manfred Jahn. 
I meaned the model by JustFlight Constellation Professional and there are no such red lights! Nevertheless is the reverse-opportunity mentioned in the manualEmbarrassed

asticou View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asticou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 12:14pm
Christian,
Sorry about the wrong model. I don't have the JustFlight Constellation Professional. I will look into purchasing that.
DPJ
asticou View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asticou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 12:31pm
Christian,
Not to date myself, but I have physically worked on Super Connie's, H&G models in Boston. The prop reversing was located on the throttle levers known as piggy back levers. I was reviewing the cockpit photos in the JustFlight Constellation Professional and didn't see those familiar piggy back levers. However, I am quite impressed to see the fine detail of the Pilot/Co-Pilot and FE panels. Do all the switches work on this? Can you do fuel management for the 8 to 10 tanks models? Finally, how does it fly. I am waiting for my new Jetline computer to arrive and will be putting a lot of add on's.

Regards,
Dale/ Asticou
DPJ
Flattermann View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flattermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 1:29pm
Dale/Asticou
FSX I use only for fun and the Connie was ever fascinating for me. My first Connie was the L-049A and I read the manual. It was very special and some things I dont understand. The fuel panel and the handling with the different tanks was to difficult for me! 
A half year ago I purchased the Constellation Professional from Just Flight (my first aircraft payware). There were negative voices in some forums, but I want it. It is not so bad but the thrust reverse I missed. I also miss the "status" view, which tells me immediatly warnings about the engine. But I am content.

Sorry I can not tell about the management of all the knobs and fine instruments. I only can fly for fun. 
It is easy to start, after 3 minutes latest you have to reduce RPM and the manifold to avoid overheating. If you are watching the checkout for flight you can fly like an eagle. Landing is sometimes difficult and airspeed should not be under 120 kias. I am happy with the 11 textures and a paint kit is included.

Regards 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic