This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved] AH not recognising FSUIPC?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leaf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved] AH not recognising FSUIPC?
    Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 2:20am
Thinking maybe someone has seen this error and can point me at a solution.  I've been using AH for almost a year now, took a short hiatus, came back a couple of weeks ago and updated AH to the current version, updated FSUIPC and everything was working fine.  Rep advancing again, my crews are happy to be back flying as am I.  Then today while I was grabbing some jobs for myself and my idle AI, I went to load up and got a message saying "Air Hauler cannot find FSUIPC" and something about don't attempt to fly without FSUIPC.  I checked my FSX folder, and FSUIPC is sitting in the Modules folder- I deleted it and re-ran the installer.  Still no joy in AH.
Now the only change I made while getting ready to get underway was in the Options section and clicked on WideFS and it said something about having to create a folder for flightplans.  Not sure if doing that caused AH to repath -- if that's the case, can I reset the path to FSUIPC (are they related?) as I thought I had Wide but don't.  Anyway, if anyone has an idea let me know.  My AI can still fly, I just can't as the AH/FSX dance in my system is fubar'd (by me and me alone LOL).
Leaf85 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leaf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 2:34am
Actual error message "FSUIPC4 not found in FSX installation.  Please install before trying to fly jobs."

And in FSX FUIPC4 shows up in the menu bar.  So somehow I've managed to disconnect the two.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 8:35am
Hi there,

Check the path in AH for the Flight Sim folder - it's under Options -> Paths in AirHauler.

Note that on a 64 bit machine, FSX will by default be in "Program Files (x86)" and not "Program Files".

Cheers,
S.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Leaf85 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leaf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 2:59pm
Thanks Slopey, will try that.
Leaf85 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leaf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 3:18pm

I restarted AH but logged into one of my defunct corporations and the error didn't appear so I copied the pathway from the options area there. I logged back into my operating company, went to options and pasted the pathway.  Seems to be all back to normal.  Thanks for the help, Slopey-- much apprectiated. :)

Maybe a moderator can tag this as Solved in the title since I can't edit it ^.^
Bengt S View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bengt S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 4:42pm
Hi!
Flying in p3d, and bought AH yesterday as I thoght i woluld work, but I'll get the same message as you. Help please. 

Bengt Svenson
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 4:46pm
You'll need to modify the paths so that AH is looking in the correct place.  But for P3D, you'd need to put AH into WideFS mode and launch P3D manually.  AH can't launch P3D automatically.

Also note that P3D is not supported currently by AirHauler, so your mileage may vary.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic