This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Constellation Professsional
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Painting Constellations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Painting Constellations
    Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 8:10am
Geshh whatever happened to Painting up some of these Constellations, all fancy and nice, even if their fake liverys, of some sort,,,

guess this coming winter I'll dive into learning to repaint these and add a whole slew of New Repaints , most are fantasy fake liverys,, but will be painted in non - airline type schemes.

think theres enough typical airline liverys out there, I can think of about 30 different type paint schemes to apply a fresh coat of paint to these,,,

I just don't want to lose that luster & Shine off them, so i'll have to pay attention to the Alpha channels,,, and shading ,,,

anyway,, I've only found a few re paints for these rascals,, you'd think there'd be more,,

hopefully 1 day when I get it down,, and get it right, i'll be able to add about 30 to 50 more paints to em' and upload em' here on Just flight for everybody to have - FREE of course !

Capt. I~Fly.
alexcolka View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexcolka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 2:27pm
Hi CaptainIFLY!
It's great news to know that you will be painting this classic beauty, I tried myself to paint the Constellations but I gave up, the paintkit is not too friendly for my taste although I painted one JF DC-3 and one DC-6 before. Anyway If you are going to paint a batch of Constellations, may I suggest starting with some forgotten classic liveries for the L049 like El Al, Cubana, Aeronaves de Mexico, Panair do Brasil, Braniff and KLM? That would be awsome mate!
Take care,
Alex
PeterL View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 8:07pm

During the last decade of their operational lives connies were hauling cargo in the Caribbean. I fly my JF connie mostly from Miami to places like Providenciales, Santo Domingo and Puerto Rico. For these destinations there is nice payware scenery available, but my planes don't have the right liveries. So a repaint for AeroChargo is on top of my whislist. (Like 4-Star Cargo for the DC-3, just to name one) Hopefully CaptainFly (or somebody else) can doe the job one day !!!

Peter
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 9:50pm
Actually My idea for paint liverys is NOT another typical as usual Corporate Airline livery Paint Scheme !

I have other ideas, for a name.

some are Private Aircraft types that would of only been used by those who may have had money and could afford such an Aircraft.

Some have nothing to do with Airlines, at all, but if they could of Afforded to have such an Aircraft like the L-1049 they would have.

So till then,, everythings a Secret, but whenever I get em' done, I upload them all at once as a Batch, like in multiples of 10 maybe, then again maybe not and i'd have to upload them 1 at a time, who knows till then, that's a ways off.

Capt. I~Fly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic