This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FSX/PMDG keeps crashing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSX/PMDG keeps crashing
    Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 3:58pm
This has been a long journey for me on getting my FSX and PMDG functional, but thanks to you guys, I am nearly there. I know this question probably has been asked and answered before but I would appreciate it if someone could either give me an answer or point me to the link regarding answers.
After about 1 hour into a flight my FSX and PMDG just freeze causing me to have to exit flirt Sim
Many Thanks

Patrick
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 4:04pm
There are many causes of lock ups, both software and hardware.

Are you using Windows 7?

If so, make sure you right click and run flight sim as administrator.

Please note, it's not enough to simply set it to run as admin in the compatibility tab.

Especially if you run REX, right click and run as admin.

I had lots of lock ups, till I realised this with REX.

Make sure your system isn't overheating also. CPU will throttle back if overheating, and ultimately shut down to avoid damage. Prior to the aforementioned scenario, frequent lock ups are common.
patrico View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 8:19am
Thanks for your reply Martin. I do know this is a very complicated matter. I am running W8 and yes I have right clicked and run as Administrator

My computer is

Lenovo Idea Centre K410 Desktop PC, Intel Core i7, 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 2TB HD.
Many Thanks

Patrick
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 8:36am
If you're not having any issues with lock ups in regard to other software, only FSX and NGX, then I would post on the PMDG forum and ask advice.

Just in case this is a Windows 8/PMDG NGX issue.
patrico View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 2:02pm
thanks Martin, my computer must have been overheating as my tower was on the floor but  as soon as I moved it up higher problem  seems to be resolved thank you

Many Thanks

Patrick
patrico View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 2:18pm
FYI Martin PMDG do not offer any support for W8, They live in a time warp. I should know after living there for 21 years. They think there is nothing beyond the East & West coasts of the USA. They still use imperial for measurements and had a hard time accepting Airbus. They need to look at Utube and see the huge European content
Many Thanks

Patrick
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 2:40pm
Hi Patrick, log on to Mutleys Hanger forum, there are a lot of PMDG fans there and a very friendly, helpful bunch they are. They'll put you straight on any questions you have.
Best Regards,

Geoff. 
Must Fly!
patrico View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 6:46pm
thank you  Geoff, I just joined ...................very nice peope
Many Thanks

Patrick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic