This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC-10 INS user manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fodda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC-10 INS user manual
    Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 3:42pm
I have the JF download version of the DC-10 F-Lite series, and think it's great. I want to fly using the INS system (in FS9 and FSX) but the manual that comes with the INS download update executeables (FS9 and FSX) is only 14 pages long. The last page of the INS manual is page 180 of 217 and the instructions finish at setting up. There are no instructions for how to use the INS once the journey begins, and nothing on how to use DME updating.

Am I missing pages from the manual? Is there a way I can get the rest of the manual?

I bought the lot this year so it's nothing to do with the Sept 2007 update as far as I know.

Cheers
Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 5:14pm
The INS was released as an update by the developers after we released the original package and so by way of a manual we included the relevant pages from their manual. You aren't missing anything - those are the pages about the INS.
Fodda View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fodda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 6:25pm
Thanks Derek. I used to use the CIVA INS when I flew DM's VC-10. I remember how to do a lot of it, but as the DC-10 one isn't quite as complete I was wondering how to set up the DME measuring etc.

I'm sure I'll sort it all out. Sounds like a very good reason to get a DC-10 out of the hangar and file a plan to me. ;)
gordy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 3:13pm
Strictly speaking it's not quite the full INS part of the manual. If you go to Commercial's website and download their INS update (even though it says it's NOT for the JF version) you get the option to install the MANUAL ONLY from the installer program. It's a big download but worth it if you want a complete version of the manual containing tutorial flights using the INS.
I don't mean to be rude to JF, of course, but their product manual is a little skimpy, though enough for familiarisation and basic ops - always remembering this is part of the F-Lite range and not intended as an in-depth sim.

Gordy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic