This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Traffic :(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kreshii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Traffic :(
    Posted: 10 May 2013 at 5:13pm
Dear Just Flight

I downloaded Traffic 360 and i have got no Traffic in FSX.
In the options of FSX ive got Traffic on 100%.
i tried to get Traffic on Airports like Zurich or Heathrow but failed

please help me!

greetings

Kreshii
K.Eng
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 12:51am
Just Flight support may be able to help your further. But here is some information copied and pasted from Just Flight's Traffic X FAQ. Because Traffic 360 is similar to Traffic X (the same, but updated and improved?), the following information from the Traffic X FAQ should still be relevant to Traffic 360:

I am not seeing any AI after installing Traffic X

The most likely cause for this is if you have previously installed another AI traffic program that uses an old style .bgl (the file that acts as a database for AI traffic movements) as FSX is only capable of supporting one of these files in the old format and it will disable any other traffic. Please try searching your FSX directory for anything that may have been left behind by a previous AI program

I don't see any AI traffic at all after installing Traffic X

You may have an old FS2004 format traffic database still installed into FSX. FSX is only capable of running one legacy BGL file from older versions of Flight Simulator and having one running will cause ALL other AI traffic to be suppressed including river/sea traffic and Traffic X. If you have previously used an AI program in FSX that does not use the a proper FSX format database please ensure that you have uninstalled the program.
kreshii View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kreshii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 6:52pm
Thanks for your help i just deinstalled FSX and i Works perfectly Awesome AI Traffic Programm

Thanks For the Help !

greetings

K.eng
K.Eng
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 12:02am
Glad you got it working!   
wingclip1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingclip1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by kreshii kreshii wrote:

Thanks for your help i just deinstalled FSX and i Works perfectly Awesome AI Traffic Programm

Thanks For the Help !

greetings

K.eng

I'm having the same problem but what do you mean when you said you just "Deinstalled FSX"?!Confused Please try to get back to me on this because I'm going to be forced to uninstall Traffic 360 and I really don't want to have to do thatOuch.

Also, they don't list the version on their own program, (no "About", and the properties window doesn't specify it either)Shocked. Yet they have this "update section and offer version 1.09 but again, don't indicate who should use it, (i.e. install this update if you bought Traffic 360 on 10-5-13 or sooner).

But really, what are you talking about when you said you 'deinstalled FSX'?
Thanks, Rich
Asrock Z 77 Extreme 4 /16 gigs Ram /700W PSU /Intel i7 2600K /Radeon HD 7850PE /CPU cooling with Swiftech H220, (4) 120mm fans push/pull config) /OS drive: Samung 840 EVO 500GB SSD /FSX Dedicated SSD
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 9:25am
There is a fix for no traffic here: http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/traffic360#FAQ1

Alternatively, you can contact our support team: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact
wingclip1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingclip1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 3:53pm

Thanks George...

I had tried that and the other one as well. I don't know what the heck I did because I uninstalled Traffic 360 and the traffic is still missing.

I was going to send a help request but then changed my mind when I saw that I still didn't have traffic after the removal of Traffic 360. I figured that I'd better fix that before I ask for help on the software.

I'm considering installing an old scenery.cfg file I have from a FSX config folder backup I did about 1 or 2 months ago. It wouldn't have many of the installations I did recently, (I added a number of payware planes and Utilities, and freeware airport scenery in the last 3 weeks).

Then again, that probably won't work because I tried deleting the scenery.cfg file in the FSX config folder last night. I was hoping it would rebuild w/o the problems... whatever they are. But that didn't seem to help. 

On the other hand, it was late and maybe I just didn't give the default FSX aircraft time to show up in the sky over KELP. So I'll open FSX again today and see what it looks like after waiting 20 minutes with the sliders to 100%.

Sorry about this 'soliloquy' Embarrassedbut if I straighten out the FSX default flights, I'll try Traffic 360 again and see if it works.

Thanks again, Rich

Asrock Z 77 Extreme 4 /16 gigs Ram /700W PSU /Intel i7 2600K /Radeon HD 7850PE /CPU cooling with Swiftech H220, (4) 120mm fans push/pull config) /OS drive: Samung 840 EVO 500GB SSD /FSX Dedicated SSD
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 9:28am
I would still suggest emailing us as this is not a support forum so I fear you will not always get a reply. We can always help you try to get your traffic working again.

wingclip1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingclip1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 5:45pm

I agree George,

What I meant was that I wasn't so sure the problem had anything to do with Traffic 360. Just as an FYI to those who may be reading this, I did find the problem last night. One of the recent programs I installed, (before I installed Traffic 360), was an FTX NA AI Traffic 1.00 & 1.10 freeware package.

Even though I followed the directions for 'turning off' their AI Traffic and reverting back to FSX AI, it apparently didn't work. I found that the "trafficaircraft.bgl" file in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder of FSX, was rewritten as "trafficaircraft._bgl"!

To those who are learning, THIS file is the file FSX uses for all it's FSX AI aircraft and when I rewrote the file as it should be, I got my Default FSX AI traffic back!

I'll be trying Traffic 360 again as soon as I establish whether or not I have the latest version.

That said George, would you happen to know where I would look in the Traffic 360 file to find the version number?

If not, no worries. I'll send Just flight the question when I get a chance.

Thanks, Rich

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic