This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-6B - Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with Auto Pilot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macjack39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with Auto Pilot
    Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:18pm
Recently, on a long distance flight (greater than 2000NM), I notice that the plane begins to veer off course when using the GPS and the AP. Then when I get a heading from ATC and set that heading in the AP, when the plane turns to that heading it no longer agrees with the heading that the GPS indicates I am tracking.

I can still use the AP to change altitude and even fly an ILS, but the heading part is no longer functioning correctly. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, if there a work around that one can use.

Jack
StigAndre7 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StigAndre7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 4:29pm
I have the same issue in mooney bravo. But that might be the fact that the panel of that aircraft is useless. to me at least. I use 3d help txt - so i can set hdg and nav properly - but that does not work in bravo. It just tells you what instrument your cursor is over and no digits. real annoying.

But yeah, I experience the same thing with bravo.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic