This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FS-X will not work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS-X will not work
    Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 12:15pm
its a long story but I had a s/h FS-X on my DELL Vista PC then found it did not run very well maxed. I did not like the cheaper FS-X. So I went for FS-9 with lots of add-ons aircraft and senerary and on the New PC runs brill 'Windows 7' as it would be a big job to now remove FS-9 from the  'Windows 7' I now would like to put FS-X back on the VISTA PC. I REMOVED ALL FS FILES  from the Vista PC. now a new MS-X GOLD EDITION wil not go on the the Vista PC Disc one will load then it asks for Disc 2 looks as if it loads when it finished it the asks for disc and if I look there is no FS-X on the PC. BEFORE I ring MICROSOFT I am trying J/F to see if anyone has a clue where to go next. if any one can help with a remote FIX  
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 10:07am
A little late but just in case anyone else gets the same problem.....

An old problem and always with disc 2.  Many fixes appear but usually copying the contents of both discs to folders on the computer drive works.  Then install from there instead.

Here is a link to a post about the problem and a description of what to do;

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/topic/107244-fsx-disc-2-problem-cure/
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 10:58am
reider was a just a wee bit late I have FS-X working OK. but all the add-ons are no show or just shadows so it may be http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20989
will depend a bit on cost but I may be able to go to £1000 for a PC that will only have FS-X. can I get away with no antivirus as I only need the internet to activate add-ons Orbis Scenery and a few of J/F software
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 12:27pm
There's no reason not to run antivirus, especially when many of them such as Avast!, AVG, are free.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 4:47pm
Microsoft Security Essentials. Very good, free, and you hardly know you have it... so why not.
TomClarke23 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomClarke23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 11:20pm
Dear Whoever,

I have recently got into Flight Simulator playing the 2004 version which I found on the shelf! After enjoying it so much I upgraded to the newer version (Flight Simulator X) I have installed it with great easy and was looking forward to playing.

When I clicked on the icon the Mircosoft Flight Simulator Back drop appear then a few seconds later a bar with a percentage appears. Once that reaches one 100% a new bar appears which also reaches %100 after that Windows pops up saying Flight Simulator is not working and closes it.

Please help me and let me know what you think I should do??

Thanks

Tom
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 8:49am
Best to start a new topic Tom.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic