This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-3 Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tailwheel INOP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parksie10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tailwheel INOP
    Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 6:56am
I bought the DC-3 yesterday 25 Feb 2013. Lovely aircraft great detail, however one small bug. The tailwheel does not unlock. I have tried using my keyboard control (shift - G) and the pushbutton on the pedestal in the VC. Nothing. Any ideas? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and running as administrator. Still my dear Dak only goes straight. Any ideas?
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space.
Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 9:43pm
Hi parksie10. I know you posted this some time ago, just wondered if you ever found a satisfactory solution?
Those DC-3s, and the default DC3 in FSX, all steer the same way - i.e. the tailwheel is either locked (in the straight ahead) or it is steerable via rudder inputs, and SHIFT-G cycles between those choices.
I think, but no longer have it up and running, the default DC3s in FS9 had a fully and freely castoring tailwheel (or locked via SHIFT-G), and you guided it with differential braking. 
If you would like that option for your JF DC3s  I can give you a simple alteration to the aircratf.cfg file(s), but you have to be happy to do that alteration.
Dave H
FLighT View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLighT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 7:50pm
Deltahotel,

I'd like to know what the cfg alteration to make is.

Thank You
Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 3:06pm
Ok Flight T try this:

In the aircraft.cfg, scroll down to [contact_points]
and make this alteration, in the first line beginning "point.0=       "     
at the fifth entry on that line change 60.0 to 180.0

You should now be able to steer your DC3 with differential braking and/or differential throttles when the tail wheel is unlocked. Usual SHIFT+G will cycle between that and a locked tail wheel.

I found this somewhere in a forum and would acknowledge it if I could remember where .... works on my Curtiss C46 too, the 60.0 might be slightly different but the 180.0 is what matters.

Enjoy.
Dave H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic