This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air hauler FS2004 multiple install - save file

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69Yanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air hauler FS2004 multiple install - save file
    Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 12:35am

Hi:

I have two FS9 installs, one the regular with save files going to Flight Simulator Files under My Documents. The other install which is what I use all the time is Golden Wings by the Lyons. This install creates a Golden Wings Files folder under My Documents. If I run Air Hauler using the normal FS2004 install, I can save an "in flight" file. I cannot do this when I start the Air Hauler using the Golden Wings install. I cannnot located the Save File. I get a message "Save File not found. Is there a way to get Air Hauler to save to Golden Wings. I tried finding out how Golden Wings creates this folder but it must be embedded somewhere in Golden Wings. I was going to rename the Golden Wings save folder to Flight Simulator Files. Thanks.

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 3:05am
I doubt it - AH will ask FS to save the file with a particular filename. You'd need to find that file if your 2nd install of FS saves it somewhere differently.

Best thing to do would be to search your c:\ drive for .flt files, and see if you can find it - AH will ask FS to save it with a filename which is the timestamp of the save request, so it should be all numbers then .flt.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
69Yanks View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69Yanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 12:24pm
Thanks.

My FS install is C:\FSGW3  and that is the path that is put in AH

AH starts the FS as normal from  the above location.

When I alt tab to save, the message comes up "Flight Sim Save File Not Found"

I check the My Documents\Golden Wings Files folder and see the two AH save files are present at dated with the exact time I saved them.

When I restart AH and go back to my job and fly it, AH starts the job in the beginning and not where I left off.  I tried putting the golden wings save files in a My Documents\Flight Simulator Files folder but it did not load these save files.

I may have to reinstall FS9 and see what Golden Wings install is doing to create a separate install.  I am trying to use Golden Wings scenery etc... as the prime install with AH.  

Thanks for the help.
69Yanks View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69Yanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 5:23pm
I re-installed FS9 and did a folder by folder overwrite install of Golden Wings and all is fine as I have the Golden wing files I wanted and the AH works fine with no Golden Wings File folder being created.  BTW, AH is great and adds to immersion or else it would get boring.  I make small deliveries in Cessna or Piper. 
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 5:19pm
Cool - glad it works, and glad you like it!
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic