This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Rock-Solid Guide for FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Rock-Solid Guide for FSX
    Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 12:59pm
Here's a new and comprehensive "tips and tweaks" guide for FSX that is written by authors whose expertise you can trust:

Hardware & Software Guide for FSX
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:31pm
Ah, yet another FSX tweak guide.

It is quite comprehensive.

Thanks for sharing!

Personally, for reasons that I am unable to explain, my FSX runs best if I DON'T tweak it.  I've tried nearly all manner of tweaks mentioned in the plethora of guides and forum posts available from all over the Internet.  Each time, on my system, tweaking FSX actually makes it worse (my frame rates are less, or my graphics glitch, or I get stutters, or whatever else).  For me, leaving FSX well alone and untouched is what works best.  But, that is purely only my specific personal experience.  Such tweaks do work for others.  Every system is different.  And, as they say, your mileage may vary.

Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 1:23am
Steve Parsons' shader_release_v3.2.2.zip file is a "must have" for anyone who runs FSX with "Preview DirectX 10" enabled (and there are a lot of us, now, who do so). There is a download link for Steve's shader patch in the guide referenced in the first posting above. The patch eliminates DX10 display problems at default FSX airports as well as similar display problems at custom airports that you have installed. What a great patch!

Dan
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 10:32pm
Hmmm.  I've never heard of this "Steve Parsons' shader_release_v3.2.2.zip" file.  Interesting.  And now I do some searching and I can't work out WHY I've never heard of it (it's mentioned all over the various Flight Sim forums etc).  I am happy with FSX running under DX9 ... it works fine for me ... and DX10 gives me all the "glitches" etc.  But, if this patch does indeed correct those, then it may indeed be worth investigating further.  Although, I see it is still a "work in progress" and there are a few things Steve is still playing with.  For me, it might be best to adopt the "it aint broke, don't fix it" approach and stay with DX9 for now.  I'll do some more research on this and go from there ...
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 6:20am
The way I see it, with the release of Steve's shader patch, there are now only two possible reasons for a person not to use DirectX 10. For many people, neither of the following reasons applies:

1. You have a computer system that doesn't support DirectX 10.

2. You have too many DX10-incompatible aircraft for which there are currently no DX10-compatible replacements.

Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic