This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T360 install procedure over TrafficX?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T360 install procedure over TrafficX?
    Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 12:15pm
I'm being tempted into buying 360 but I have TrafficX with all the addon packs installed. Do I need to un-install these first or do I install over the top of the old install?
I do prefer to do a clean install of stuff rather than an upgrade.
I would buy the complete program as it's the same price as the upgrade at the moment.
Also, is it a much better product with at least as good frame rates? I really don't want anymore overheads.
Hope you chaps can advise,
Rick.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:37pm
I would suggest you do a quick search of this forum.  Whilst I don't have Traffic 360 (still using Traffic X), I have been keeping an eye on this forum and recall a number of posts on this very subject matter.  I believe you need to uninstall Traffic X first.  To be sure, just run a brief forum search and see what you can find ...
RickBrown View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 7:19am
Thanks Freddy.
I did have a good look around but was surprised I didn't find anything similar. Maybe I've missed it?
Anyway, I think I've talked myself out of buying 360 for now as I'm not sure it'll bring anything very different to FSX for me. I'll stick with TrafficX for now.
Cheers,
Rick.
RickBrown View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 7:29am
Ok Freddy, thanks again.
I've just found loads of 360 stuff on the TrafficX Forum and I now see that a new forum was set up for 360 a little while ago.
After my brief look I see that I'm not really going to gain anything from having 360. Unless it actually improves frame rates due to better aircraft modelling?
Cheers,
Rick.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 9:52pm
Ahhh, yes, the Traffic X forum was probably where I saw those posts about whether you should uninstall Traffic X first or not.

I concur.  I doubt there is much to gain over Traffic X with Traffic 360 ... especially if you already have the Traffic X Plus Paks.  I believe, based on what I've read in this forum, as well as seeing some screenshots in this 787 Aircraft thread, that the aircraft models have NOT been changed or updated from the Traffic X models, and nor have the liveries.  Traffic 360 comes across to me as merely a "re-badged" version of Traffic X with flight plan alterations and some front-end interface variations, but unchanged models and unmodified liveries. In making that assessment, I stress that I don't have Traffic 360, so I cannot say that with any real certainty ... but it doesn't take much to quickly come to that conclusion based on posts and screenshots (including Just Flight's own screenshots).  There's also, apparently, no repaint tool with Traffic 360.

I am still happy with Traffic X ... it does what I need, and it has the repaint tool.  With Traffic X, I am able to keep my AI traffic up to date with flight plan modifications and repainted liveries where applicable.  If Traffic 360 is indeed, as I suspect, just a re-badged Traffic X, then, at this stage, like you, I'll stick with Traffic X for now.
RickBrown View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 7:13am
Thanks Freddie for your opinion.
I too think that T360 is a good choice if you don't already have a traffic program, but if you'r happy with TrafficX, don't worry about.
I was tempted with the sale price, but that money will now go somewhere else, maybe food!
Cheers,
Rick.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic