This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Avenger Error Traffic X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawgiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avenger Error Traffic X
    Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 4:22am
Freddy, Dan

By any chance do you guys have an answer for this one??  Only the Avenger is showing up like this.  A friend of mine said it belongs to the Green Lantern..........needless to say, he wasn't to much help.  I don't really want to recompile the traffic as I will loose my custom flight plans.  So, I thought I would see if you guys have any ideas.  The AC doesn't move at all.  When it attempts to taxi, it will shake/vibrate and thats it.  Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Regards,
Rob

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 7:06pm
The Avenger aircraft is a "ghost" aircraft from one of FSX's missions (I think from the FSX Acceleration expansion pack).  That is why it looks like that.  It is not a Traffic X aircraft, but, rather, is imported in to Traffic X from FSX.

If you do a forum search on the word "Avenger" you will find many posts about it.  Make sure you search for ANY post from ANY DATE, or else you will only search recent posts and thus won't find anything.  There is a post from Dan (http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5614) suggesting moving the aircraft's folder.  That post also suggests you may need to recompile, but I think simply moving the folder, or RENAMING IT, will mean that the aircraft won't (cannot) be loaded in to the sim and therefore you will no longer see it, even though it is in your flight plans.  This may be the easiest/best option, considering you do not wish to recompile your traffic database.  In his post, Dan wrote: "...there is a folder called "TBM_Avenger_Ghost" that is located in the "Misc" folder within the "SimObjects" folder ...".

Lawgiver View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawgiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 7:07am
Hi Freddy,

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it.  Well, that's what I get for not searching thoroughly.  I had no idea Traffic X could take an AC from FSX an attempt to use it for an AI.  That's odd....
I thought the Avenger was part of Traffic X.  Saw it in the AC list and added it.  At least I am thankful it's not an issue with Traffic X.  Thanks again for your time Freddy.

Regards,
Rob  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic