This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

360 TCC readability

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterk41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 360 TCC readability
    Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 5:58pm
We have an issue with the visualization of the TCC. DELL Latitude E6510 1920 x 1080 pixels.
The Switches are behind the information areas or the pull-down regions and can not be reached anymore.
We changed screen resolutions and screen font size in windows yet.
Any proposals ?
With best regards
Peter
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 10:23pm
This is not TCC's fault ...

Check your text size DPI.
Here:  Control Panel > Display > Set Custom Text Size (DPI)

Dell usually set that to 120% at 1920x1080 resolution.  If it is set at 120%, then change it to 100% and that should correct the issue you are experiencing.  (And, if you haven't already, you can set your screen resolutions and font sizes back to what they were before.)

The trade-off is that, strangely, on Dell computers at 100% DPI, some other programs may now begin to experience text readability issues (it's rare, but it can happen).  You would think that 100% DPI would be right all the time, for all programs.  However, for some reason, it appears that is not always the case on some Dell computers.

peterk41 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterk41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 2:12am
Freddy
Thanks, need to switch to 100%, than it is OK.
Your developpers may take care of this issue. Other programms do work fine with 125% scaled font.
With best regards
Peter
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 4:37am
Glad that worked for you.

If you are wanting to keep the DPI setting on your Dell at 125%, then you can try the following "fix" for the TCC. It may (or may not) work ... Right-click on the TCC executable, select "Properties", click on the "Compatibility" tab at the top, and then check (tick) the option "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". This is assuming that the TCC executable is a 32-bit application. If it isn't (ie, it's a 64-bit application instead), then that check box will unfortunately be greyed out and unavailable.

For the record, I don't work for Just Flight.  I am just a Flight Sim enthusiast such as yourself.  I only knew about the DPI issue with Dell PCs because I work for an IT company that makes use of a range of different PCs and I've seen other programs on Dells showing the exact behavior that you described in your post.

To help cater with today's modern monitor sizes and higher resolutions, Microsoft introduced display scaling beginning with Windows Vista.  The ability to change the DPI settings is a part of that.  Sadly, there are plenty of programs out there that are unable to handle it correctly.  Obviously Just Flight's TCC is one such program.
peterk41 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterk41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 11:58am
Dear freddy

Thanks for advise. The scaling issuses is even longer and startee with 1st Windows editions.
It can be followed thru all Basic compilers MS released. They mixed up with scaling factor as an long / integer (12, 18 or similar) rather to have used single or double with floating comma (1,6 or 2,4) . But at the time who was aware the 256 kb memory is not big capacity ?

I just have to switch for using the TCC software.

Best regards
Peter
With best regards
Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic