This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ils intercept

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ils intercept
    Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 2:17pm
I've already sent a support inquiry, but is anyone else having a problem intercepting an ils, specifically the glidescope path?  The plane has no trouble intercepting the ils course, but then it drops below the glidepath.  Am I doing something wrong? thanks
tc
FV
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 5:08pm
Are you watching your speeds and flap settings? Too fast and you can go above the GS, too slow and you sink below. Please forgive if I'm stating the obvious. Must admit I find holding speeds a bit tricky. I like the 146 but my PC doesn't, (stuttering sound and visuals Cry)
Must Fly!
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 11:55am
I simply cannot get the ILS working right. It worked fine before the patch.  Can someone please confirm that I am not alone with this? I've written to support, but they ask for for a screen shot. They could simply provide me with simple instructions and an airport that they've tested it with and we can solve a lot of issue. This guess work is getting me too frustrated.  I am a very experienced simmer, so I don't think that the ILS should be so difficult to use. tc
FV
gmac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 1:54pm
I also am experiencing the aircraft not capturing the glideslope; it did prior to the SP.  I have tried many scenarios both above and below the gs, but it will not capture in any condition.  I have sent a note to Real Air. 
richardh View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 12:19pm
Also cannot capture glideslope. Have tried approach to Manchester 050R at 1500',2000' and 3000' from 10 miles out. Capture the localiser OK but no movement from glideslope indicator. Just fly straight over. Anybody any ideas?
Richard Halton
StigAndre7 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StigAndre7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 5:11pm
Quote Also cannot capture glideslope. Have tried approach to Manchester 050R at 1500',2000' and 3000' from 10 miles out. Capture the localiser OK but no movement from glideslope indicator. Just fly straight over. Anybody any ideas?
Richard Halton

What plane are you flying? Same issue with all planes?
richardh View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 1:18pm
Using 146-200 with service pack. This is the only plane I have a problem with. My Ify 737 and PMDG Airbus capture the glideslope OK.
RegY View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RegY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 5:01pm
do you press the glideslope button only after the glideslope indicates in the middle? since the glideslope won't intercept anything above or below the middle and first bars (above or below)

manual says so too.

Cheers, Reg
richardh View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 7:27pm
Tried Manchester GS intercept with other planes without success. Checked data. FS Commander was giving me wrong frequency. Used database manager to update files. Have just intercepted GS and landed OK with the 146-200.
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic