This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No displays on "2nd" graphics card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No displays on "2nd" graphics card
    Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 11:20am
Ok, as usual, nothing's straightforward for me!  I've now fitted the 2nd card, which is an Asus HD 5870. It's recognised and it appears to be working ok - I enabled ati crossfire ( i know it wont help fsx but wanted to see if it'd connect up). Its recognised in the catalyst control centre and device manager etc. Actually, the new card is fine but what I had to do was to swap my older card into a lower pci slot, the new card is in the top slot. Basically, anything connected to the lower card wont display anything even though both cards are working, at least according to the info from the CCC and GPU-Z graphics card information utility.  Anyone got any ideas whats wrong?

Rory
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 12:11pm
Ok, got a bit further.  It appears its the crossfire thats the problem.  If I disconnect the bridge then I can get all my displays to work from both cards.  As I dont really need the crossfire I guess the problems sorted, but would really like to know why the crossfire causes the lower card to not display anything.

Rory
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 3:19pm
Crossfire is designed to run both the cards with one output, not for multiple displays.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 5:55pm
Ok, I understand. Thanks Slopey.

Rory
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic