This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic360 and home-made GA-flightplans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote altena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic360 and home-made GA-flightplans
    Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 12:18pm
Dear all

A couple of years ago, I bought me JT-TrafficX. It was the best program for FSX, creating GA-flightplans from imported country-specific GA-aircraft for both Holland and Switzerland. I created flightplans for these aircraft, flying between domistic airports. Everthing worked fine.

Now, I bought Traffic360 for Prepar3D. Traffic360 works slightly different, but it was not a real problem to make the same plans and to compile them into a bgl file, and add it to the scenery library

However, I don't see any of the aircraft at the airports.

Both FSX and P3D have the same Swiss and Dutch airports. Each time, I start P3D, I check if IFROnly=0.
Parking places are enough at the airports.

What could be happening.
Hope for help anyway

Henk

pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 8:11pm
The only advice I can give you is:-

- make sure that your GA traffic slider is turned up in Prepar3d. For    testing I set airline traffic to zero and GA to 100%

- make sure that your flight plans are in your user schedule area of Traffic movements and only compile your own plans ie.untick any other plans that you may have in the Airlines/Carriers window

- Lastly make sure that you are setting IFROnly=0 in the Prepare3d.cfg file. I found that I was setting IFROnly=0 in a Prepar3d.txt file. Sounds stupid but I missed this a few times when I was not seeing my VFR flights:-)

Good luck
altena View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote altena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 12:54pm
Thanks very much for the answer.

Airline traffic slider is at 35. GA traffic slider is at 100. I've placed a copy of the Prepar3D.cfg  at the desktop and run it everytime, before I start P3D. Before I started to make my flightplans, I copied the existing ordner for (for instance) the Dutch VFR-traffic into the user schedule area, open it and delete the existing flightplans. As I mentioned in my first post, I then looked into the flightplans, that I made for FSX, using JF-TrafficX, and created exactly the same flightplans into traffic360. As a result the so compiled JF-TrafficX flightplan-bgl traffic file is 40KByte and the compiled Traffic 360 bgl traffic file is 39KByte. So both flightplans are the same. The airports used in FSX are exatly the same as those in P3D.

In P3D I see some GA-aircraft at those airports, but no aircrafts from my own-made flightplans (they are visible in FSX, but not in P3D).

Really don't understand it and  for further response.

Henk
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 3:24pm
You say you've placed a copy of the Prepar3D.cfg at the desktop and run it everytime, before you start P3D. Are you sure that the modified cfg file is in the correct directory. If it is then I suggest that you raise it with support as an issue as you seem to be doing everything correctly.
altena View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote altena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 10:05am
Thanks for the answer. Yes, I'm sure that I run the right Prepar3D.cfg file.
However,  could the not showing any of my plans be a bug in Prepar3D, like the IFRonly=0 bug, which is indeed recognized as a P3D bug?

Henk
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 8:58am
Have you tried just making a single simple flight plan to ensure that you are doing every thing correctly and your TCC system is working as it should?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic