This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-3 Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC-3 CAUTION UPDATE !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC-3 CAUTION UPDATE !
    Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 1:52pm
Just a word of "CAUTION" for those of you installing the "Just Flight DC-3 Update" -  IF you decide to install the update/ fixes - be sure to "BACK UP" / SAVE-COPY - the JF-DC-3 Aircraft CFG File, if ya don't, the UPDATE will "OVERWRITE" the current "Aircraft CFG File" and "ERASE / DELETE" all your previous entries for Extra Add On liverys you "had" installed !!!!! 
Kinda would of been nice to know this before hand !!

could of been mentioned somewhere on the screen menu with the UPDATE ! Shocked 

I just found out !  Ouch

Didn't know it was going to over write the Aircrafts CFG File ! Cry 

Cry  Confused   ShockedShockedShocked  AngryAngryAngry 
Capt. I~ Fly 

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 2:16pm
This applies to the vast majority of updates/service packs. Very few won't update the aircraft.cfg and unfortunately its normally not possible to update that file whilst preserving entries for any additional liveries that you have installed.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 3:06pm
Thank You, for your reply, by the way Happy Thanksgiving ! Tongue Wink 

Ok, YOU and the staff know this,,, but, how were WE users supposed to know that ?? CryCry 

I do know this much,,,,Wink 

I know now by God, what those updates will do and I'm "Pre-pared" for the next buger, and I'm backin up everything including my Dog !! ClapClapClap 

TongueTongueTongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic