This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Repaint Option?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Repaint Option?
    Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 8:19pm
Good evening,

I've been monitoring these forums for a while now anticipating a few of my questions to be answered. Sadly, this has not been the case.

I have uninstalled Traffic X and installed 360 as if it were an entirely new programme in its own right (purchased the X upgrade). Is this correct?

I've noticed there is no repaint option. My repaint was quite important as there is still no Jet2 757 among several other really quite common aircraft. I also like to alter things like Swiss easyJet 319's etc.

Is this available? Will a re-install of Traffic X and then 360 solve this issue?

Quite disappointing I have to say. 
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 8:57pm
Hi, each aircraft included in Traffic 360 has a paintkit inside the aircraft folder. I hope that helps
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 12:19am
I am still considering whether to purchase Traffic 360.  What does this "paintkit inside the aircraft folder" entail?  Is it merely a WHITE livery of the aircraft in question?  Or is there more to it than that?

The Traffic X Repaint Tool was good in that it provided a place to view an alphabetically sorted list of aircraft and then the liveries for that aircraft of each respective airline.  Not to mention how it allowed the user to add in new aircraft liveries and edit/update existing fleets with ease (OK, so I had to make my own WHITE livery of the aircraft model in question, but that wasn't too much of a big deal).  Not having similar capabilities with Traffic 360 would be a major loss. And having to wade through folders to see liveries as well as needing to use a third-party repaint program would be a shame.
thegeg View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 10:36am
The paint kit is literally a white photoshop image of the aircraft.

I seriously wish I'd have known this before I purchased this product. I can't see which aircraft I'm selecting in TCC, nor can I alter existing aircraft.

For example, there are 3 'AIRBUS 319 BRITISH AIRWAYS' (Rather than 1,2,3 etc), which makes it difficult to select the correct one in  the TCC. I now have to make them all flyable in the hanger, open FS, and view them in there before selecting them for my flight plans. Paintkit used to allow this to be done quicker and easier.

I also used to tweak certain textures such as the Belgian TCX 320's and the Swiss easyJet 319's. The [T360] Emirates A380's have 'N' registrations instead of 'A6' and the loss of this editing tool is a big game changer. These are just a few.

I write my flight plans from scratch. Having said that I am not a serious re-painter and never have been. I'm afraid I lack the artistic flare to be able to achieve good results in that sector. 

What a shame.
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by freddy freddy wrote:

And having to wade through folders to see liveries as well as needing to use a third-party repaint program would be a shame.

This is a step backwards. Another reason I am going to uninstall T360 and go back to TX.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 4:06am
Originally posted by quick quick wrote:

This is a step backwards. Another reason I am going to uninstall T360 and go back to TX.

Based on the post and explanation from thegeg, I'd have to agree.

We have a saying at the IT company where I work:  "Never give candy to the baby, and then take that candy away ... the baby will cry."  This obviously means that a newer or later version of the software should always include the same features that the earlier version had ... and then you add more features or tweak existing ones to make the software better.  You should never remove a feature from your newer or later version unless you replace it with something similar or better (or it is removed only by user demand).

"Never give candy to the baby, and then take that candy away ..."  Traffic X has a Repaint Tool.  Traffic 360 has no Repaint Tool.  The candy we once had, has been taken away.

A step backwards indeed.
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 5:27pm
You nailed it freddy.   Maybe, just maybe they will consider the re-addition of the Repaint Tool in an upgrade. I am sure this would make a lot of users a bit happier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic