This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First Impressions of T360

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Impressions of T360
    Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 9:30am
My initial impressions of Traffic 360 are mixed. I had no problem with the install and the Traffic Control Centre is easy enough to master if you take a few moments to read the manual.

From a New Zealand perspective I was deeply disappointed . There is basically no domestic traffic coverage, instead the regional airports are filled with Jetstar A320's. My advise to kiwi flyers would be stay away from T360 if they intend to stay in NZ airspace. However, the rest of the world seems to be very well catered for. There is no lack of traffic from a volume point of view, the majority of carriers appear in the right parts of the world, though I did note LAN A320's seem to be everywhere, and in terms of density if you have 100 slots open at an airport then Traffic 360 will fill all those slots. Performance was ok though I do think people will need to find the sweet spot for themselves as you would expect.

The updated models look much better and I really liked the animated doors and stairs. I even noted a 747 F with an animated nose door opening and closing.

Most of the models are adequate for the job, some are very good and some are still shocking. The 777-200 is a good example of a poorly shaped model where as the 777-300 is wonderful. I wont even mention the 787. Its a woeful representation of this graceful aircraft. Yes these can all be swapped out for alternatives you have installed, but is that really the point of the product? The majority of the aircraft textures provide good representations of the carriers they depict, I only noted one error with the air berlin A330-300, it appears to be dressed up in a much smaller aircraft's skin.

I discovered that the vast majority of wing span settings were set at 94 feet. This meant that I had A380's and other very large heavies parking in ludicrous locations. I went in and changed the config files for the majority of the offending aircraft which fixed the issue. This was a noted fault with Traffic X and leads me to wonder what the beta testers actually did given this was such a glaring error and given I found these problems within 15 minutes, I would imagine the testers had considerably longer than this to flag this type of issue.

So as I said, my impressions are mixed. I think Traffic 360 has potential but things such as the wing span issue really detract from this product in a big way given most people probably wont know how to resolve the issue. Given its price I don't really expect, or appreciate, having to 'fix' a product from day 1. I'm undecided if I will stay with T360 at this stage but I want to give it a fair go so from my point of view the jury is still out.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 11:40am
The lack of AI traffic in NZ is being addressed and we intend to improve some of the models that people have reported as being of lower quality than the rest.

I have reported the wing span radius issue to the developers.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
KiwiFlyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 3:41am
Great!
WillClark View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillClark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 8:34am
Martyn,

Is it possible to improve SWA and Jet Blue..? I see mainly 737-500 for SWA and just one livery for Jet Blue. In addition hope the wing span issue is worked out and configs are updated to help the correct aircraft park in the right spots. Thanks for continuing to update the product...! Off to a great start...
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:29am
Hi Will,

Could you send us a support request (via the website) with any improvements you want to see? That way we can properly log the request and send over the details to the development team.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic