This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FEDEX and UPS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FEDEX and UPS
    Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 5:12am
Hello to everyone in the forums, hoping some one will have a solution to the problems I am experiencing. As a side note and FYI, I have been simming  since the release of FS9 then moved into FSX Deluxe/Accleration upon their respective releases, and a TrafficX user since it was first released.So I,m fairly adept at adding aircraft,repaints and scenery.
    Now as to the problems at hand. I've checked multiple airports,
 i.e.KMEM.KIND,KSTL,KDEN,KSNA,etc.etc. during many different hours of operation and have yet to see 1 FEDEX or UPS freighter of any type of aircraft. KMEM should be loaded 24/7 as well as KIND but I have Delta in every cargo ramp spot which appear to be possibly MD-80's. Also not seeing any GA VFR activity at all, and as others have reported, I'm seeing lots of static aircraft of livery types that I would consider to be inaproprate/or foreign to the airports stated above but very little activity as to arrivals and departure,s. As I live 20 minutes from KSTL I'm farily familar with the types that frequent the gates and ramps there. One admited plus is lots of Southwest 737's at the east terminal and that is correct,as well as American and American Eagle on the correct stands.
     Another problem with KSTL is the included airort AFCAD in Taffic 360 is incorrect as it does not include runway 11/29. I had Ray Smith's KSTL, and KMEM AFCAD,s nicely installed and working well untill I installed Traffic 360 and they were overwritten. I've tried every work around I can think of, to no avail and am still unable to get KSTL and KMEM to appear as they did pre Traffic 360 upgrade, or to get any FEDEX aircraft to appear. Any advice would be welcome as I'm seriously considering reinstalling TrafficX and requesting a refund at this point. Thanks in advance.Vecter
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 8:46am
If you haven't already done so, please make sure to send your comments to the support team too: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19996
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Vecter View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 1:16pm
Installed patch 1.09 when it came out. Still no FEDEX or UPS cargo aircraft or flights and as far as I can tell the only cargo hauler in Traffic 360's world is Purolator . Also no GA AI except in my ORBX sceneries and air ports and it looks superb and AI is not ORBX's job.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 7:37pm
Hi, Vector,

I don't know why you're not seeing any Traffic 360 GA aircraft. As for Ray Smith's versions of the KSTL and KMEM airports, assuming that you installed them into the FSX Addon Scenery folder, make sure that on the list of scenery areas in the FSX Scenery Library, the entry for Traffic 360 appears underneath the entry for Addon Scenery (lower on the list than the Addon Scenery entry), and make sure that the entries for KSTL and KMEM appear above the entry for Addon Scenery (higher on the list than the Addon Scenery entry). That should enable airports in the Addon Scenery folder to override any Traffic 360 counterparts. Finally, as for the lack of FedEx and UPS traffic that you're experiencing, perhaps in your Traffic 360 configuration FedEx and UPS have merged, and as their post-merger name would indicate, they're now "FedUp."

Dan
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 7:23am
And, in addition to Dan's response/suggestions, I have an obvious question ... but I'll ask it anyway in case it's been overlooked ...  Have you checked in the Traffic 360 interface to see if there are actually any FedEx and UPS flight plans that fly to those airports?  If there's no flight plans for FedEx and UPS to those airports, then, of course, you won't see those planes flying there.

As for the GA planes, another obvious question ... is your GA traffic percentage slider set higher than 0% in FSX?  Knowing how clever ORBX is (I have some of their brilliant work in my FSX setup), I'm thinking that even if your GA traffic percentage in FSX could be set to 0%, you may still see GA aircraft in their sceneries due to some "magic" that they might have done.

As I said, these are obvious questions ... but sometimes the simple things can get overlooked ... so they are worth asking nonetheless.
Vecter View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 9:18am
Hi Freddy, I appreciate the input, however KMEM Memphis, Tennesse is the headquarters for FEDEX and KIND Indianapolis, Indiana is a major hub for FEDEX so what I'm wondering is why the Just Flight team wouldn't make sure that such a large carrier wasn't correctly represented at least at these airports. I sometimes get the feeling that Just Flight being a UK publisher has little regard for their US customers experience with this product as Europe and Australia are well represented but the US is not.

In another thread I see you have advised a forum member that he may have to revise flight plans, modify airports and do aircraft repaints and that " it can be quite a choir, however it can be quite rewarding ". Well the thing to bear in mind is not all of us want to spend hours on end repainting,and struggling to revise flight plans followed by endless testing no matter how rewarding it may be. Some of us prefer to pay "the experts" to handle this aspect of the hobby so we can get on with the business of actually flying and enjoying what we have paid for.

I purchased Traffic X when it first came out and  immediately found the GUI to be difficult to use, so when I received an e-mail advising of the new and improved Traffic 360 with all the up-grades and a "totally new GUI" I went ahead and purchased,downloaded and installed it only to find things worse than they were and like everyone else here waited a year for patch 1.09 only to find it still wanting. As to the totally new GUI, all I see is slightly changed graphics.

Now one thing that would help would be a clear and concise Traffic 360 tutorial and or video on the use of the GUI and yes I've read the pdf manual many times and haven't found the answers to my questions there as well as checked YouTude for help videos.None found. Also would be nice to see upgraded flight plan downloads posted by Just Flight.

So I'll check and make sure Traffic 360 is listed below my other airport sceneries and not overriding
my addon airport sceneries. As to my GA aircraft slider in FSX it presently set at 30 percent. I have checked and have found FEDEX and UPS aircraft listed in my Traffic 360 hanger and will check the flight plans for these carriers.

Soaranden, I don't really know what your getting at with your comment of being "FEDUP" Perhaps your trying to say the Just Flight folks are tired of hearing complaints about this product, if that is the case I can assure you I would much rather spend my time flying rather then searching for answers for a program that is still in need of help.

Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 4:06pm
Hi, Vector,

Originally posted by Vecter Vecter wrote:

I don't really know what your getting at with your comment of being "FEDUP"

I was just sharing a joke that I had heard.

I sometimes get the feeling that Just Flight being a UK publisher has little regard for their US customers experience with this product as Europe and Australia are well represented but the US is not.

I wouldn't confine the lack of regard to the U.S...or to flight plans, for that matter. If one looks at the custom airports in Traffic X, one wonders if Just Flight is even aware that South America exists.

Dan
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 12:10am

Hi Freddy, I appreciate the input, however KMEM Memphis, Tennesse is the headquarters for FEDEX and KIND Indianapolis, Indiana is a major hub for FEDEX so what I'm wondering is why the Just Flight team wouldn't make sure that such a large carrier wasn't correctly represented at least at these airports.
Ahh, headquarters.  Ahh, major hub.  Well, nuf said.

Quote I sometimes get the feeling that Just Flight being a UK publisher has little regard for their US customers experience with this product as Europe and Australia are well represented but the US is not.

Hehe, Australia might have a lot of planes, but, out of the box, running Traffic X, this Aussie was initially disappointed, because most of them were wrong (incorrect liveries, defunct airlines, etc).  And, from what I understand, Traffic 360 did not improve on that.

Quote In another thread I see you have advised a forum member that he may have to revise flight plans, modify airports and do aircraft repaints and that " it can be quite a choir, however it can be quite rewarding ". Well the thing to bear in mind is not all of us want to spend hours on end repainting,and struggling to revise flight plans followed by endless testing no matter how rewarding it may be. Some of us prefer to pay "the experts" to handle this aspect of the hobby so we can get on with the business of actually flying and enjoying what we have paid for.

I do 100% agree.  It is fair enough to expect that if you pay hard-earned money for a product, which claims to be fantastic and awesome, then you should be able to install it and simply enjoy it ... without having to do any additional "work" to "fill in any gaps or errors".  It should work, as published, straight out of the box.

As for me, I very much enjoy this "hobby", and, I am lucky enough to have spare time available to be able to dive in and do revisions to liveries and airports etc.  I thoroughly enjoy that side of it as much as I do the flying side of it.  But, that is just me.  You are correct; not everyone has the time, and probably not the desire to do those kinds of things.  That said, the tools are there and available if one does feel the need.

Quote I purchased Traffic X when it first came out and  immediately found the GUI to be difficult to use, so when I received an e-mail advising of the new and improved Traffic 360 with all the up-grades and a "totally new GUI" I went ahead and purchased,downloaded and installed it only to find things worse than they were and like everyone else here waited a year for patch 1.09 only to find it still wanting. As to the totally new GUI, all I see is slightly changed graphics.

Now one thing that would help would be a clear and concise Traffic 360 tutorial and or video on the use of the GUI and yes I've read the pdf manual many times and haven't found the answers to my questions there as well as checked YouTude for help videos.None found. Also would be nice to see upgraded flight plan downloads posted by Just Flight.

My theory has always been that Traffic 360 is just a reworked version of Traffic X.  And the more I read, hear and see, the more I am convinced of this.

Quote So I'll check and make sure Traffic 360 is listed below my other airport sceneries and not overriding my addon airport sceneries. As to my GA aircraft slider in FSX it presently set at 30 percent. I have checked and have found FEDEX and UPS aircraft listed in my Traffic 360 hanger and will check the flight plans for these carriers.

Hmmm. With your GA slider at 30%, yes, you certainly should be seeing GA planes.

tswift101 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tswift101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 7:31am
I too am looking for fedex and UPS along with contenintal ( united ) and contenential express. . If you find the anwswers please post so I can update my system as well

Tony Swift
danielsjam View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danielsjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 8:21pm
I de-compiled the traffic file there is not a single FedEx or UPS aircraft listed in the Aircraft file, so this is the reason you don't see any aircraft from these two carriers.
JamesD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic