This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arrival Time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eisbahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arrival Time
    Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 7:12pm
How can I change the arrival times to be more realistic?
For example, I have made flight plans for Lugano to Zürich and Traffic 360 uses a time of 18 minutes between departure and arrival, using a Saab S2000.
This is completely unrealistic. It should be approximately 50 minutes.

Eisbahn
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 5:17pm
Try changing the Saab S2000 cruise speed in the aircraft config file.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
Eisbahn View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eisbahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by RayM RayM wrote:

Try changing the Saab S2000 cruise speed in the aircraft config file.
Thanks for the advice.
I gave the Saab2000 only as an example. As every single flight plan has an unrealistic arrival time this means I must change the cruising speed of each aircraft.
As I know the actual real world departure and arrival times, this means I must also first calculate the necessary speed to match these times.
However, when the aircraft is used for a different flight everything changes again.
It would be much easier if the user could enter both times in the TCC.

Eisbahn

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 10:54am
Eisbahn,
in Traffic X I have had to make a load of alterations in the 'Fleet Database', e.g. cruise speed, max range, runway types, parking radius and parking types, in order to get AI to behave anything like what you would expect them to. An unfortuneate effect of this was that loads of the flight schedules supplied in Traffic X showed up 'in Red' as being 'illegal' in terms of range, etc. Just Flight are not very careful about setting up realistic flights e.g B737 a/c were managing to go from Australia to North America in one hop!
I bet that Traffic 360 suffers from similar silly problems.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:38am
Hi Eisbahn,

If you haven't already done so, please send this query to our support team.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic