This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hawker 125 Productions Ceases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concorde216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawker 125 Productions Ceases
    Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 1:43pm

I have been away from this forum for a while and on the one occasion I log in to post a subject, sadly it has to be bad news.

Hawker Beechcraft have announced that they are to cease production of the Hawker 125 Business Jet - the most successful British-designed civil jet aircraft and has been in production longer than any other civilian jet aircraft in the world (a two year lead over the 737).

Sad to see this aircraft's production is coming to an end after 50 years and two months-plus since its first flight.Cry

Now must surely be the time for a flight sim team (Flight Sim Lab, PMDG, Commercial Level Sims/Quality Wings, Wilco or even Level D) to produce the aircraft for us simmers to enjoy.  It is very much an unsung hero of the British aircraft industry.
Concorde216
"All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics. TSR-2 simply got the first three right." - Sir Sydney Camm
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 8:43pm
I agree it is sad news, the DH125 as it originally was is a superb aircraft. It had the longest range of any biz-jet for many years, It handled like a fighter, it was fast, comfortable and for many years nothing else came close. It has evolved over the years but even the latest versions are still recognisable as a 125. It really is an iconic aircraft.
 But, as you have said, it has been largely ignored by sim modellers. There are a few freeware ones around, some modelled on the earlier aircraft are absolutely awful and the others which seem to be based on the later ones are all from South America. What we need is a GOOD BRITISH scourced model that accurately shows the unique contours and features of the aircraft as well as the various versions. I'd also like it to work for both FS9 and FSX. A decent 125 model I'd be willing to pay for. So come on guys, let's have some thought on this.Smile
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
Concorde216 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concorde216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 7:49pm
Yikes

I have have really been away fro a long time.  I have just discovered that Just Flight have got one available to buy for FSXSmile.

Kept that quiet.  I was hoping there may be a preview video of it.
Concorde216
"All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics. TSR-2 simply got the first three right." - Sir Sydney Camm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic