This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AI Sounds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AI Sounds
    Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 3:40pm

I am interested in Alan Constable's TRAFFIC SOUNDS FSX EXTREME EDITION. Upon further reading about the product I found its supposed to be incorporated within Traffic X. If that is the case there would be no sense for me to purchase it. Can anyone confirm that Traffic Sounds FSX Extreme sounds are used in traffic x.

Secondly, if it is used in Traffic X, will it also be used in the upcoming Traffic 360?

Thanks for any info.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 12:39am
If you Google around you'll find references that state "Traffic Sounds FSX Extreme Edition 2009" is virtually a completely new revised sound set, as opposed to its predecessor the Ultimate edition.  And, many of those references do state that the Extreme edition is featured in Traffic X.

Further confirmation can be found by going to your "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\TrafficX\JFAI-AllAircraft\TrafficX_Sounds" folder.  In there you will find a README.TXT file which reads ...

"As this sound set takes full advantage of 5.1 and 7.1 surround sounds and the new DirectX 10, I strongly recommend that if you have a Creative Sound blaster, Enable Effects and set on Amphitheatre, Set your main computer to either 5.1 or 7.1 Surround sounds for maximum effect! that's if you have this system of course? ... Alan Constable"

And, yes, the "soundai.cfg" files for the relevant aircraft in the "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\TrafficX\<aircraft>\soundai" folders do point correctly to that "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\TrafficX\JFAI-AllAircraft\TrafficX_Sounds" folder.

And, finally, in the Traffic X manual, on the CREDITS page it says "Aircraft Sounds ... Alan Constable".

So, yes, it looks like "Traffic Sounds FSX Extreme Edition 2009" is indeed included and working in Traffic X.

As for "Traffic 360", who knows?  Although it would make a lot of sense to include it.  Otherwise "Traffic 360" would be a noticeable "backwards step" from Traffic X in terms of the AI sound.

But, here's hoping Just Flight will reply ...
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 5:48am
Thanks for the good info Freddy. I emailed Alan Constable yesterday asking if his traffic sounds are going to be used in Traffic 360 and he said YES that are. They are also in traffic x. So this is a good bargin by getting a good AI addon with tip top sound extensions.

toodles
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 6:22am
Agreed.  I thought the same thing when I purchased Traffic X ... a good bargain ... effectively two products in one.

Good to have the confirmation that it's also in Traffic 360 (as I suspected it would be).  Especially considering Just Flight would have obtained permission or rights for it to be in Traffic X, or had some kind of agreed arrangement in place.  It simply would have made no sense not to include it in Traffic 360 as well; thus risking the AI sounds in Traffic 360 not being up to the same standard they are in Traffic X (unless there was a better option/alternative available - which I don't believe there is).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic