This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CargoWizz fleet - past & present

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhilldave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CargoWizz fleet - past & present
    Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 6:08pm

Started on Medium with a purchased Caravan. Worked like mad and eventually bought another. Worked AI pilot to death and leased, then purchased eventually four Beech 99s, with three new pilots. Worked AI pilots to death and eventually managed to lease, then buy, four Airbus A321s.
Yep - worked the pilots to death on the Airbuses and have managed to now lease four 747 400Fs, updated in our own workshops to 747-8 spec. (Tried an A380 but it was easier to keep an all-Boeing fleet.) Currently the pilots are working suicidally hard whilst I concentrate on short-haul stuff in a Super King Air, solely for reputation %ge. (Sadly I can't do much more. Working full time in the real world doesn't allow much time for my flying after organising the rotas for the other four.)
Working to a secret plan (don't tell the pilots) to reduce my work-load and increase profitability. All four plots are being worked into the ground so that the company can afford to sell the leases on three aircraft to allow us to buy the remaining 747 outright. Strange to report - the pilot keeping their job is the only female, a very willing blonde called Emma "Blower" Bowman. No idea how she got her nickname... Wink

Current fleet: 1 Caravan; 1 Super King Air; 4 747s and a Mooney Bravo for fun.
Bases: Vancouver; Atlantic City; Brize Norton; Osaka; Cape Town and Fujairah.

Where it started

A 2nd Caravan

Into the twin era

A glimpse of the future - the first A321 pre-registration

Two of the A321s in service

First 747 delivery - on finals to Atlantic City

A 747 in service

The trialled A380

Current short-haul fleet

Chairman's runabout!

papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 8:38pm
You can definately see your fleet from a distance, good job.
Greg
Yardman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 5:11pm
Yes - I like the green!
downhilldave View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhilldave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 4:34pm
After a period of non-trading, CargoWizz relocated to to the US, starting from a C208B again. This is the current fleet and with £250m burning a hole in the coffers, plus 1£m on the stockmarket, further leasings - or toys for the Chairman - are imminent!

Current bases:
US - KIAH, KTCM, KBLV, KACY, KDLH, KDMA and KHIF
UAE - OMFJ
Austria - LOWG
Japan - RJTY
UK - EGVA

US-based 747

Salzburg-based 747 (dedicated to the memory of Jochen Rindt, posthumous 1970 F1 champion)

UAE-based 747

Chairman's fun 'plane

Chairman's latest pet

727 on finals, pre-delivery test flight

Chairman's private fleet

Harvey View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 12:48pm
Very impressive fleet you have there! How did you repaint your liveries?
Harvey
downhilldave View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhilldave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Harvey Harvey wrote:

Very impressive fleet you have there! How did you repaint your liveries?
Harvey

Hi Harvey

Thanks for the comment - I spent far too long on the repainting, but it's all part of the fun!

For my sins I used Abacus FSRepaint v2. It eventually does what I want but I find it dreadfully clunky to use - especially adding lettering to an aircraft. But I always get there in the end!

CargoWizz is currently undergoing another non-trading phase - I needed a rest! Always the same profile - I start with a C208B, promising to myself that I'll have all the fun of simple, short-haul flying into small strips. The money in the bank account starts totting up so I lease/buy a bigger a/c - which usually needs a bigger airfield. This carries on until I have something like an A321 and then I make the mistake of hiring another pilot... Before I know it I have 3 or 4 pilots with aircraft scattered over a continent or the world and I need to spend an hour or so every day finding work for them. This goes on for weeks/months until one day I realise I'm hardly doing any actual flying and I wind it all up! Shocked

Next time I'll probably start in Africa - but the result's almost bound to be the same! I wonder if I'm the only AH user with this problem? LOL

Cheers
Dave
Harvey View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 5:32pm
Hi Dave,

Thanks I might have to give that a go, sort of thing I would enjoy!

No you're not alone, that's how I've ended up as well. I don't have the time or attention span to fly really long haul and I feel like i'm cheating when I speed up the sim rate so much prefer shorter flights into more interesting strips even when the cash isn't so good...

Harvey
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 5:38pm
nice pics and interesting how you do it, I hardly get time to fly lately spend more tome tinkering with FS issues or work, always seem to spend more time managing the company.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic