This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Viscount - Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUrgent Patch. Viscount

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Urgent Patch. Viscount
    Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 11:23am
Hi All
I am serious flightsimmer for past 22 years.
I have recently downloaded the Viscount. Read all the comments about the product. Also commented on forum .I receved an e mail to last week to confirm it is now sold at half price (I lost out by a week on this deal). It seems most querries are not responded to . I have tried to  approach the techinical support site , as required, but were not able to solve my issues. Anyhow it is clear that as many stated that the exterior and engine sound is exceptionally good but  it is unbelievable that a product of this nature is launched (sold to customers) without being really able to fly it realisticly. You do not have to be a real time pilot to realise there is something wrong the cockpit and flying functionalities. Not going to list all the issues. A serious patch is required to rectify the problems. The last patch on the hidden DME is clearly insufficient. Just Flight has good reputation but I cannott reccomend this product to any of my flying colleagues in it's current "form". A 2D panel might help to solve some issues.
Regards
sundowner.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 11:30am
Hi Rian,

Please note that this isn't a support forum. All support requests sent to the support team via our website will get an answer, but we can't promise to respond to all questions on this forum.

I can't locate your support requests. Can you send your list of issues with this product to support@justflight.com?

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
N738KW View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:40pm
Hello there,
I bought the Viscount a few days before and I am not very happy with this plane.  As a holder of a pilot licence since 1975 I cannot believe that the Visc was flying in this manner. Especially during the approach the plane is very unstable. If you fly the approach manually, the plane wobbles back and forth, and you nearly cant get a stable approach with the ailerons. If you have to use the rudder (seconds before touchdown), the plane is drifting sideways in a dangerous manner, and you have no opportunity to stop this motion. So you will land beside the Rwy in the grass.
If you are looking for the Pitot heater, there is no such thing in the cockpit. And if you need the Methanol/or Water injection switches .....nothing in the cockpit. Dont search the handbrake,
...nothing in the cockpit. VOR 2 Gauge is not working. And if you fly in the night, you nearly can`t operate the autopilot. It is too dark.  And so on...
Sundowner is very right with his comment, Just flight should urgently revise this product.
Regards
Walter
sundowner View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 7:05pm
Hi Walter
Thanks for responding !!Just to add to your frustration it is not possible to land this aircraft on the centre line when rounding out if one use rudders - as you stated it drifts. Night flying and IF flying is also not possible. It is unfortunately clear that the "designers" of this product are novice's on aviation. The Viscount was a brilliant aircraft in it's time .I just look at it on my "screen" - quite realistic.
Regards and happy landings.
N738KW View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 10:11pm
Hi Sundowner
as you statet, the Viscount was a brilliant aircraft and highly valued for her excellent flight performance and easy handling. Once familiar with the aircraft, all the crews enjoyed flying
this bird.
I really hope that Justflight will do some work on the flight dynamics and also add a functionally VOR 2 , a Pitot heating and a handbrake to the cockpit.
We will see...
Greetings from Rattenberg/ Tirol/Austria
and always happy landings
Walter

Ps: when you fly to Innsbruck (LOWI) you will pass the Rattenberg NDB (RTT 303).
      Thats the place where I am living Smile

hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 5:12pm
It's a shame that this bird is stuck in the hanger as it is unflyable in its' present state as outlined on this thread. I sent a Support Request back in October but have had no response which is unusual for Just Flight. So after paying for it, fortunately at sale price, it sits there gathering dust.

Pity really, it looks and sounds good but it needs tweeking.

Please JF, are you considering a sp for this product? 
Must Fly!
sundowner View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 8:28pm
Hallo HI FLY
Tnx for your response on the Viscount. I am a 3000 hour qualified pilot on fixed wing a/c ,38 years flying experience and has entered the Flight Sim scene 17 years ago. I have also downloaded 22 aircraft and bought 27 disc copies (2004 and FSX) - and experienced first hand how the products improved over the years  - especially with pathches.  One cannot expect that all Flightsimmers are real time pilots to evaluate the realism of a product first hand. However it is really concerning to notice how the standard of some products like Just Flights Viscount has deteriorated  without any effort to rectify the quality of the product! This is after numerious e-mails and post's on the website to the developers to indicate the dissatifaction of the product. Novice users could easely realise the  lack'of  quality of this product. In my country a product of this substandard nature would have brought to the attention of the Consumers Act with huge financial penalties to the service provider.  This is a clear example of exploitation of the client/user. I still cannot believe the response/comments (arrogance) of the service provider w r t comments made by users to improve the product.
I state again - Just Flight you should get your act together - you only have so many chances to rectify your image.
Regards
sundowner.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 8:55am
hifly and sundowner - I have searched our support system for both of your e-mail addresses but cannot locate any Viscount related support requests. Please e-mail support@justflight.com to report any issues that you are having.

This is neither a sub-standard product, nor are we exploiting our customers. If you are unhappy with the level of systems modelling or functionality in the aircraft then you were entitled to a full refund or exchange. Any genuine bugs (not feature requests) that were reported to us were fixed. All e-mails that are sent to the customer service team are answered.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic