This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airline Mergers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSimple767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airline Mergers
    Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 11:03pm
I am using Traffic X for a while now.
Now there are speculations of a meger of US Airways and American Airlines
In the past many airlines mergered just like US Airways and American West, Delta and Northwest Airlines,
Southwest and AirTran and also Continental and United !

NOW MY QUESTION:

How can I change the Airlines in FSX because i am still flying with NWA, American West, AirTran and Continental traffic?

Hopefully anyone of you can help me

THANK YOU !!!

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 4:13am
You would need to use the Traffic X Traffic Control Centre to either:

a) if the airlines appear directly in the Traffic Control Centre list, you can simply UNCHECK (untick) them and then do a recompile of the AI traffic file ...
or
b) if they do not appear directly in the airline list, then you would need to find the planes/airlines in the flight plans and manually remove (delete) them before recompiling the AI traffic file.

If you're not sure how to go about either of those, the Traffic X manual (and the downloadable tutorials) will give you the pointers to get you started.
TheSimple767 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSimple767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 4:21am
Thanks freddy , i try that :)
BUT:   

If i untick Northwest all NWA planes would be away right ?
but than Detroit and all the other Hubs would be empty ?
Is there a way to paint all Northwest planes into Delta colors ? And all old colored Deltas into the new livery ?
Also for American West amd the other megered companys ?

Hope you can help :)
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by TheSimple767 TheSimple767 wrote:

If i untick Northwest all NWA planes would be away right?

Correct.  If you untick Norwest, then no planes for Northwest will appear at any airports.

but than Detroit and all the other Hubs would be empty?

Those airports will not have any Northwest planes.  If those airports have other airlines, then the other airlines will still be there; no problem.  But, if those airports ONLY have Northwest, then, yes, those airports will be empty.

HOWEVER, if that's the case (the airports are empty), then the idea is that you would use the Traffic Control Centre to adjust and edit flight plans for those airports to add whichever other airlines and planes fly there.  For example, if Delta fly there, if American fly there, and United fly there, then you would add/edit/adjust flight plans so that Delta, American and United aircraft fly to those airports and hubs.  Northwest will no longer appear there, but with your adjustments and edits, Delta, American and United will.  The airports and hubs will therefore NOT be empty.

I would again refer you to the Traffic X manual and downloadable tutorials if you need more information.  The boxed version should have a printed manual ... the downloaded version will install the manual on your PC in PDF format (so you can access it from your Windows START menu or the installed Traffic X folder).  For the downloadable Tutorials, go here: Traffic X Tutorials

Is there a way to paint all Northwest planes into Delta colors ? And all old colored Deltas into the new livery? Also for American West amd the other megered companys

If you're thinking of repainting the Northwest planes to be Delta planes just so you can see Delta at these airports, then that is really not the right way to go about it.  No, you should instead simply adjust/add/edit the flight planes for Delta to make sure Delta planes fly to these airports.

On the other hand, if you're asking for other reasons, then, yes, you can use the Traffic X REPAINT tool to edit the existing liveries or add brand new ones.  Here is a post explaining how to do this: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17627
TheSimple767 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSimple767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 4:10am
Thanks i look what im going to do :)
Maybe i just stay with nwa because there are just pretty but old :}
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic