This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-6B - Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New owner DC-6 engine noise question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New owner DC-6 engine noise question
    Posted: 11 May 2012 at 2:50am
Howdy y'all,

I flew my new DC-6 last night and it is AWESOME! I have one question though about the sounds, I have the windows shut (as far as I can tell, tried open and closed seems to be no difference) but this bad boy is LOUD!!

I realize this is a loud plane but I can't even hear air traffic control over the noise and shouldn't the piolt have on headphones? (BTW side note, my wife throws a fit until I put on my headphones oh how I laughed), also a funny thing is is it quieter outside the aircraft than inside.

Is there anything I may be doing wrong or is there a way to turn this down a bit?

I also have the DC-3 and it's sounds are much more natural.

thanks, and I LOVE my DC-6!!

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 8:27am
Hi, you can use the sounds menu to adjust the levels if you like.
JimBeamBlack View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 1:15pm

Hay RAS thanks for the reply!

Would that be the sound menu inside the game window? (menu bar at the top of the window) or the actual game menu? Because it completely drowns out the Air Traffic Control, if I turn down the sounds would this also turn down the ATC?

Currently I have my game menu sounds set to a level that are perfect for all my other aircraft, this one is much louder for some reason, can this be adjusted any other way?

if not it's cool I'll work around it, I'm kinda new to FSX

thanks man
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic