This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lufthansa 74H

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbuslover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lufthansa 74H
    Posted: 02 May 2012 at 9:47pm
Hi,

I am booking a flight for jun 26 and noticed that it says 744 whereas Wed and mon say 74H, any reason for this or is the 74H not flying on tuesdays to IAD?
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:17pm
Not sure about that one buddy, best advice is to phone the airline and ask them.
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by airbuslover airbuslover wrote:

Hi,

I am booking a flight for jun 26 and noticed that it says 744 whereas Wed and mon say 74H, any reason for this or is the 74H not flying on tuesdays to IAD?

Because it takes a while to go from FRA to IAD, so it can't do daily flights.

If it flies to IAD, it can't get back to FRA in time to do the FRA-IAD run the next day. So the 2nd day is done with a 744.

Schedule is:
LH418 FRA1300 – 1545IAD 74H x2
LH419 IAD1755 – 0805+1FRA 74H x2

LH418/419 on Day 2 operates with 747-400

Note the +1 on the return leg to account for the timezone.

Dunno what all the fuss is about - the Business Class layout is silly, there's no way I'd want to sit angled towards someone the whole flight with feet in close prox. Would be better just straight. At least they're lie flat. Non lie-flat seats are awful. Not impressed with the cabin decor, unless they want it to look 90s retro on purpose?

I doubt there'd be any real difference from flying in a 744, and as long as it gets there when you want it to, what does it matter?
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
airbuslover View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbuslover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:27am
I do see your point, but the LH chairs that don't recline 180 degrees are horid.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 1:47am
Indeed - if you're going Business, I'd take the 74H flight rather than the 744.

KLM are the same, the 7 degree incline on their standard Business seats is horrendous. One of my favourite things about BA is the lie flat seats
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic