This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Twin Otter X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twin Otter X
    Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 12:22pm
Hey guys!

After seeing many brilliant screenshots of this aircraft and reading its product description I am very tempted by this aircraft.  I particularly like it because of the included West Coast Air livery which I remember flying on when holidaying in Vancouver.  I was just wondering whether you guys who have it recommend it, likes or dislikes, possible flights that I could do with it, how to navigate with it (no INS or FMS!) and whether its easy and realistic to fly?

Thanks guys,
Tom
Kind regards,
Tom
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 6:26pm
I bought it today anyway!! LOL

It's very good.  I'm a bit confused about the prop settings though.  In the manual it says that cruise power is 40 PSI - I've set that, then it says cruise RPM is 75% - does this mean the lever is moved 75% full, or does it mean that I set 75% RPM, because I can pull the lever to the fully feather position and it only reduces to about 77% RPM on the gauge.  Is this right or am I doing something wrong?
Kind regards,
Tom
Joeflyer View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joeflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 8:41pm

You will have a power lever(lbs of torque) and a condition lever for prop RPM...that is if this is a turbo prop version. I don't know what the power increments are for the Twotter in cruise flight...sorry.

Joeflyer
C208 Cargo Driver
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic