This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 737 Professional
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ILS Landings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddyectoplasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ILS Landings
    Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 7:43pm

I'm finding the manual flight characteristics of this product to be extremely (too) sensitive - particularly in the final approach and landing phases of flight.  This includes the control surfaces and the throttle/engine thrust.  In the trailer for the product the engine reversers are applied whilst the aircraft is still airborne (I couldn't understand why)!  However, stalling this product isn't easy in the landing (throttle being overly sensitive doesn't help - a tiny amount of throttle delivers way too much thrust) - I can see why the video-maker used the reversers now, just to get the aircraft down.  Also, in the ILS auto-pilot approach mode, as the aircraft enters the glide-slope a seriously strange rocking movement (rolling) from side-to-side is generated.  I think that some programming attention may be required to fix these things?  Particularly the ILS rolling.

I'm not moaning - just trying to help improve the product for my and other people's enjoyment.
elparker2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elparker2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 1:02am
I agree the control settings are pretty sensitive. I have other Just Flight airplanes and the one that is closest to the 737 is the 727. I ran a couple of tests today on the B737 and found the autopilot started making the rocking motion just as the airplane started down the glide slope. Everything was fine until then. I disconnected the autopilot and made a manual landing (again!) and touchdown was very smooth. This was my 8th landing in the last two days so it takes time to get used to the feel. Then I went on a cross-country flight in the Just Flight MD-81 to reassure myself I wasn't getting lazy. Flight went perfectly.

I think the difference may be that Commercial Level Simulations made the MD-81 and didn't make the B737. Just a guess.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic