This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FS2004 Flying Club installation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vulcan558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS2004 Flying Club installation
    Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 5:22pm

I bought a copy of Flying Club some time ago and have never been able to install it on my machine. I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 4200 Go (Dell Mobile) video card on my computer and have updated every driver I can find but still cannot install the program. The installer gets as far as asking me what language I want and then goes to the next stage where it spools down and stops.

No-one has yet explained why they think this happens or has suggested a fix. Can anyone help?

BTW the same thing happened trying to install JF 'Roads and Rivers of Europe'.

Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 8:28am
Sounds like it might be worth asking the Support Team. See http://www.justflight.com/support.asp
vulcan558 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vulcan558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 9:44am
I have already asked the Support guys and received the following reply:
'Unfortunately I am out of ideas. This problem is either being caused by your DVD drive not being compatible with SafeDisc or software on your machine.'
This probably means that no Just Flight software will run on my computer because the security built in to it is so good it can't be installed. Catch 22 comes to mind.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 9:52am
Hi,

If you drop them another email what we can do is provide you with the download equivalents of these aircraft. This way the problems with the DVD drive are bypassed.
Apologies for the inconvenience but we will do our best to ensure you are up and running in time for the weekend
vulcan558 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vulcan558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 10:12am
Thanks for the quick reply. I need the Shoreham scenery as well please...
vulcan558 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vulcan558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 12:00pm
Have sent a reply as you suggest and await developments. No reply as yet (noon 16th July)
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 12:20pm
Hi Christopher,

Please be patient, we haven't forgotten about you Wink
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
vulcan558 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vulcan558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2008 at 8:22am
Martyn,
Thanks for the sitrep. Any more news?

vulcan558 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vulcan558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 8:12am

Angry  I'm disappointed but not surprised that my installation problem has been so comprehensively ignored. I have read elsewhere on the WWW that this situation may not be uncommon and that the only real solution is to bin the software. Would still like to use it but perhaps I am on a hiding to nothing...

reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 11:09am
Is their any way you can try to install it on another computer, then 'float' it back to your system?  Might not work but worth a try.

Reider
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic