This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old vs new PRESETS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old vs new PRESETS
    Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 4:58am
Ouch I just replaced my Presets because of the Unhandled Exception problem and in doing so wiped out all of the changes I've made.  I kept a copy of the original presets.  Can I just replace affected .tcc files with my old modified .tcc files?  I am speaking of the Aircraft, Flight Plans, and Airline .tcc files.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 7:33am
The flight plan files with all of your changes are kept here, in this folder: "C:\...\JustFlight\TrafficX\Presets\Data\Schedules\Flight Plans".

With that in mind, you should be able to replace any and all of the missing.tcc files from any and all other folders.  Simply leave that flight plan folder above alone.  Based on my knowledge and understanding of how Traffic X works, I'm pretty confident that should work fine.  Give it a try and see.

After replacing the files (and leaving the flight plans folder alone, with your changes in it), I would then do a RECOMPILE of the AI traffic database.  That would confirm things are working correctly (hopefully no more Unhandled Exception errors), and will give you a working traffic database complete with all of your own flight plan changes in it.

Captain Z View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 4:29pm
Sorry for not geting back sooner.  I replaced my updated .tcc files and started getting getting Unhandled Exception errors.  So I installed the updated presets again wiping out my changes.  Then started to redo the changes and I am still getting UE errors.  It seems to be happening most when I do a weekly that has a Saturday flight that ends on Sunday.  But I have some of those flights that are accepted without error.  So I am still plugging along and just skip the schedules that gives me a UE. Hopefully I'll stumble upon a pattern of these errors.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 10:13pm
Interesting.  I've added and edited plenty of WEEKLY flight plans which include Saturday flights that end on Sunday.  I've had no unhandled exception errors.

However, that said, the flight plan editor does give me exception errors if I miss some data (accidentally leave an entry field blank) or I change a field, change my mind, and then change the field back.  I find that if you do things methodically, one field at a time, always making sure there's data, and not changing your mind, then the editor seems much more happy and less likely to "get upset".
Captain Z View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 7:55pm
I have to admit that in my eagerness to get my schedules entered I wasn' t as methodical as perhaps I should have been.  I will continue and be more careful and see what happens.  Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic